Multiple fishing poles in California?

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by AllenM, Jun 3, 2006.

1. AllenM

AllenM Guest

I see a lot of posts from the guys in other states talking about using multiple rods. Is this legal for catfishing in California? I know that you have to have a sticker for a 2nd pole generally out here, but want to know if there is an exclusion to this for catfishing? I've thought about getting a 2nd rod tag, but it's like another $34 or something. Like buying an additional license for each rod!

2. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    You can use the 2 rods with the stamp on lakes. If I recall right not on the rivers etc. I would have to look it up. I dont use two rods anyways so I have never checked it out completely.

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    2 rod stamp is $10 extra. Can only use in lakes and res and cetain rivers such as Mendota slough south of 180 (Whitesbridge Rd.)

4. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Yep, only the Mendota Wildlife Reserve is a 'designated 2 pole area'. Across the road by the resort only one pole is allowed. I got a $75 citation for using 2 poles on the railroad bridge behind the bait shop. :crazy:

5. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Yup.. I kinda firgured this was the response I'd get... California over-regulates everything just to find more ways to tax us and get into our pockets! If it's only $10 then I was missinformed and might well go get a 2nd rod tag. Thanks.

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    A kid under 16 can have 2 poles too:roll_eyes: :big_smile:

7. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Saturday June 10th is a free-fishing day.

8. AllenM

AllenM Guest

WOOHOO!

That means all the people that keep telling me they can't afford a license can't use it as an excuse not to go fishing with me that day! LOL!!

9. I read that too, I bet I could get away for a day to do some fishing that day, but since I moved to Cali I dont have a cat fishing buddy like I did back in Nebraska. (maybe TA2D is reading this and looking back on all our awesome times.)

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome to california brother:smile2: Where you at brother? Good folks down South and also up North. Me....I am stuck in the middle:big_smile: If you are close to me (Fresno) then your new fishing buddy is typing now:big_smile: We fish around here in Fresno year round. Drpom me a PMbro. If not too far, I will dive as well ti fish with ya.

11. curtis

curtis New Member

State:
    california
    why is june tenth a free fishing day? thats crazy i never heard that. is it a joke?

12. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Not a joke! Sept23 is also a free day (this year) for Calif. Most other states have them too!

13. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    The idea behind the free fishing days is to try and get people interested in fishing that normaly wouldnt be.