Multiple drfit sinkers on one line?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by harper81, May 6, 2009.

1. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    I got some drift sinkers off a guy on ebay and they are a little lighter than I expected. Just wondering if it would hurt to clip on 2 or even 3 if needed to get the weight I want? Or would it be more prone to hang ups while drifting?

2. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    I think you would be more likely to hang up. Just my opinion ! What oz. weight is on the drift rigs?

3. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Not sure the weight. I will take them to work tomorrow and find out, but they are 17 shot and the shot seems like the size for a bb gun.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Don't need a lot of weight to drift in a lake. Weigh em and we will get back with ya.

5. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    I have used them before and they worked fine, I just can't use a float. It wouldn't sink with a float on the line.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I use 16-18 #6 buckshot pellets in my drfit rigs and they work find in depths down to 45-50 feet. They are a bit bigger than a BB. Deeper than that and I double up to around 2-2.5 ounces. No problem with doubling up the weights.

MAKE YOUR OWN!!

Check out my video on YouTube under Wyliecatman on how to make them yourself at home CHEAP!! :eek:oooh:

7. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I use #4 buckshot in mine and they weigh an ounce each. I would check out the video that was mentioned and start making your own.

8. larry d. grady

larry d. grady New Member

State:
    north caro
    i use a piece .of #6 or #8 insulated copper wire with a small eye screw in one end .i have a 500 ' spool if anyone needs some.

9. TrophyCat

TrophyCat New Member

State:
    Berea,Ky
    I use 12 Double 00 with a swivel and it weighs in at 1.5 oz.

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I agree, the deeper you fish the heavier the weight you will need. The lightest ones I make are 1.5oz.

-Jim-