Multi-Quote ability gone?????

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SkipEye, Jan 24, 2008.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Maybe I am slow but just realized you can no longer multi-quote members when replying to posts! (Unless I am an idiot, which is entirely possible):tounge_out:

Help!!!?

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I MISS IT! I WANT IT BACK! :confused2:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I noticed that and I miss that feature...:sad2:

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    LOL!

I looked at the log files and it was rarely used :smile2:

When we update our look, I will be sure it is back for members use. :wink:

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Well shoot, must be those uppin' post count people who didn't use it :smile2:. I figure I talk/type enough as it is, sometimes rather put all my responses in the same post. Thanks Paul!

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I think a lot of folks don't know HOW to use it.

Maybe a tutorial Paul, but then again, you can't teach everybody, every little thing. Sometimes you just have to 'figger it out', yuk, yuk!:tounge_out::smile2:

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Me toooo!
    I agree!
    I used it alot. Shame it's gone. LOL

8. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    I liked and miss the feature. I even explained how to use it to Post Beetle so the amount it would have been used had to be on the increase.:smile2: Took a little playing around to figure out what it was in the first place. Like Skip said maybe a tutorial on what it is and how to use it would have helped. :0a27: :0a36:
    Thanks
    David

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Here's what I need to know about it, maybe you can give me a few pointers on this David. How do you respond after each individual quote, without the responses appearing as a part of the quotes themselves?

10. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Catgirl,
    You have to enter you reply outside / after of the boxes "[ quote ][/quote]" that are placed around the reply that you have selected to quote and then move on to the next portion of the multi quote. I hope that makes sense.:eek:oooh:
    Without the feature working it is kinda hard to show you what i am talking about.:sad2:

Thanks
    David

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

" that are placed around the reply that you have selected to quote and then move on to the next portion of the multi quote. I hope that makes sense.:eek:oooh:
    Without the feature working it is kinda hard to show you what i am talking about.:sad2:

[/QUOTE]

It makes perfect sense, but I thought I had done that.....back when we first got the multi-quote feature. Maybe my brain wasn't workin' normally those days. After that, I just put all the quotes at the top and responded at the bottom. When we get the feature back, I'll try to get it right. Thanks David!

12. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I was not smart enough to use it so, out of sigh, out of mind.

Now we know where Mr. John (postbeetle) gets all his up to date puter stuff, from Bro. Big Dav. Makes you wonder if Mr. John has a ghost writer getting up at 1 AM and helping him write all this good stuff every morning while most of you'll are still between the covers.

13. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    It makes perfect sense, but I thought I had done that.....back when we first got the multi-quote feature. Maybe my brain wasn't workin' normally those days. After that, I just put all the quotes at the top and responded at the bottom. When we get the feature back, I'll try to get it right. Thanks David![/quote]
    Did that do what you were trying to do? :big_smile:
    This one thing is all I can take credit for helping out the one and only postbeetle with. Can't blame me for any thing else he is able to do.:smile2:
    Just kidding John.:wink::smile2::big_smile:

Thanks
    David

14. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    What happened.... I was typing away and the reply box went away... what I was saying is once you have indicated you want to make a reply to a previous post, simply click the post button to open the "Reply to Thread" box. Use the down arrow on the right side of the screen and scroll down towards the bottoms.... you'll see previous posts to the tread. Hi-lite the area you want to quote, right click the mouse botton, select cNow we know where Mr. Johnopy. Then scroll back up to the reply box, position the cursor where you want it, right click on the mouse and select paste. You can quote as much as you want....It makes perfect sense, but I thought I had done that - by BIgDav....Now we know where Mr. John...by LakeNormanBlues....Me toooo!... by Cutter. It is just different. LOL

15. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am damb near a Ghost, won't be long. If you think you got troubles with me and your server now, just wait. You will have to hire 2 priests to exorcise me. They are few and far between on this forum, unless they are incognito.

The Boss hasn't got enough stars to keep me out. He will be on the street with a plaque with a catfish on it and a tin cup in his hand asking for the biggest most secure server that the world has to offer. LOL.

Mr Dav, teaching me how to use that multiquote was the best thing that happened to me since they invented beer. I do appreciate it sincerely

Thank you --.............PostAPost by a close to being a Ghost. LOL HHHHHaaaaaaaa.

16. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Now John, I took you for an honest man until you posted this.:smile2:
    You are most welcome Sir.

Thanks
    David

17. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What Big Dav taught me was how to take a quote out of say "The BOC Diner" and shove it into "4X4 Engine Repair". You can take something long buried and far far away and resurrect it like Lazarus. That is a cool deal.

That's what the multiquote would come in handy for. Kind of like a Sears multipliers, a toolbox in one.

18. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I rarely used it... but im sure it would be handy to have when the time came

19. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Thank you Lawrence! I did not know how to do that! :cool2:

20. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I didnt use it all that often, but like the saying goes, you never miss it untill its gone. :wink: