muley

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by CHAVEZ CHAVEZ, Oct 22, 2007.

1. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    well my bro-and sis- i've been hunting sence this past saturday with my oldest boy jacob . we have seen afew nice 1's sence opening day but my son was look'n for a real nice one. we hunted all day sat- and sun- it snowed here early sat- morning hopeing to see a nice muley we seen 1 nice muley so we put a stalk on him to get closer and judge him better it was not what he was look'n for so he passed on him. we spent the rest of the day sitt'n in a honey hole acouple of young bucks came out and does but no shooters .
    so i sat at home all day wait'n to go hunt'n ,he finally, finally came home from school we left the house got to our spot and decided to go in the long way . seeing deer here and there pretty much all does some lil bucks here and there also but still no shooters . so we were make'n are way up the RD and i caught some movement aways out does then i looked again and there he stood the shooter work'n his way to us whipped out the spott'n scope and watched him for about 5 min judgeing him. my son decided on take'n him you all know how it goes tell'n him wait for the right shot the buck was probably about 250 yrd's out he turned brodside and he squeezed the trigger .
    that muley took off like a bat out hell told my son go track him and put another round in him. so i went back to the truck and had to drive for about 20 min to were my son was got there ran over to him asked him weres the buck . he's right here somewhere dad he told me so it took about 5 min to find him so here are some pic- of my son jacob with his 2007 muley harvested today about 6 P.M.

2. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    heres acouple of more pictures for y'all . the pic of the 2 boys my oldest again and my youngest boy .

3. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    That's a beautiful buck. Seriously, he has an absolutely gorgeous rack. Tell your son nice job.

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Wow those mule deer fill out nice don't they. Thanks for sharing.

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Very nice. Beautiful deer. Are you considered in the high country? On the Western slope? Pretty country. Where are all the condominiums at?

6. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    man what a beautiful buck,you can send pictures of colorado anytime demetrius,what a magnicient place.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice buck,Demetrius.Thanks for sharing those pics,and congrats to your son.

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Very nice buck, congrats to you and Jacob on a great hunt. Thank you for shareing the photos.

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations to your son on the well earned muley. Great job!!

10. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for the pics and story. Sounds like a great hunt.

11. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    P.B. no were not are eleavation is almost 6'thsnd ,i live in a big valley .that mountain pic was for you i took aot more but my camera kept messing up so i had to delete them . but my hunt's not over yet well my sons he still has a bull tag to fill i will take more pic . the condominiums are on the other side of that mountain in a town called teluride CO .
    i foregot to mention he used my 338 mag with 210 GR .

12. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    that's a nice buck. i miss hunting in colorado. i have not been there in 7 years. i have seven points to hunt in one of the hard to get in areas. maybe next year i will finally get drawn. keep having fun until i get back to the big country.

13. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    great muley, congrats and thanks for sharing. A friend of mine is hunting elk around the jahara reservoir this week, haven't heard anything yet.

14. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I for one have absolutely no comprehension of where you live. I know of your country and that kind of country only from the wonderful authors who have written about it and who I used to read. I was in western Montana in 1983, a place called Kalispell. Never will I forget it. If where you live is anything like that you are a very lucky person. When the bug hits you show all of us some more. Thanks John.

15. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Way to go. Nice muley.