mule shoe bend

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BIGCATFISHDAN, Nov 25, 2008.

1. BIGCATFISHDAN

BIGCATFISHDAN New Member

State:
    texas
    my buddie and i went out sunday night fished till noon monday. at about 2-3 my buddie got a 16 lb blue cat a 1lb blue, i got a 10 lb and a 5lb yellowcat. then at about 7am i look down the bank and my rod had fallen down i ran over to it to find that my drag was et to low and he pulled every inch of line right off the reel, it was the factory line so i know there wasnt an arbor knot on there.

2. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the report.... I bet you would have liked to have saw that fish

3. BIGCATFISHDAN

BIGCATFISHDAN New Member

State:
    texas
    MY BUDDY AND I HAVE A FISH OUT THERE THATS HUGE WE SAW HIM WHEN WE WERE IN A RAFT. HE WAS HUGE OVER 100LBS AND WE NAMED IT OL BLUE. SO NOW EVERY TIME THE LINE BREAKS OR WE LOOSE A FISH WE SAY OL BLUE GOT ME AGAIN

4. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've always liked muleshoe bend. I haven't fished there, but use to patrol it years ago. I need to go out there one day. From the looks of it, the Grelle LCRA Park area should be pretty good too.

5. BIGCATFISHDAN

BIGCATFISHDAN New Member

State:
    texas
    ITS A GOOD AREA TO GO NOT MANY PEOPLE EVEN GO THERE. THE BIGGST IV GOT OUT THERE WAS 54 LBS IT WAS A BLUE THE BIGGEST FLATHEAD WAS AROUND 40
    AND THE CHANNELS THE ONLY ONES I CATCH ARE IN MY THROW NET
    MULE SHOE IS THE ONLY PLACE I GO IVE FISHED EVERY INCH OF THE SHORE LINE THERE ARE ALSO GOOD BASS AND CRAPPIE SPOTS AS WELL AS STRIPER

6. edward361

edward361 New Member

State:
    Shiner Tex
    hey guys sorry bout the lose of abig one getting away.by the way where is mule shoe bend.

7. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    It's in Spicewood

8. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey Johnny, have you fished Muleshoe in the past couple of weeks? I'm thinking about taking off from work Friday and doing a little afternoon fishing.