muddy water

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by wannafish, Oct 25, 2007.

1. wannafish

wannafish New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    ok , since we have gotten all this rain I have been off work(dump truck driver) and am dyin to go out , but with the water high and muddy is it a waste of gas? I know there is always a chance of catching 1 , but I want the odds in the favor of this beginner ...Thanks

2. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    With the water high and muddy for the first time in a while the fish should be in a crazy feeding frenzy. they love to catch all those litle morsels that wash in and will gorge themselves on everything they can find.

3. wannafish

wannafish New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    so thinking of what you said , find a place where another creek washes in to main river for food gathering , drift or anchor?I know sounds stupid but hey gotta learn from somewhere

4. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    i would anchor on the lower side of where a creek comes in and fish the drop off. the fish will gather there to catch what comes in.

5. wannafish

wannafish New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My boy is playing hooky and we are going out in the morning.Just got in from putting new bunk boards on .If the fishing is slow I will head down and look at new boats ...as soon as I get rid of ours I am getting a new 1...yeehaa .anyone out there going tomorrow?

6. vaccouple

vaccouple New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Wish i was going out but half to finsh up a house tomm. I took off the three days it rained to go fishing. But good luck and let us know how u do. I'm going this weekend.

7. wannafish

wannafish New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I been off all week due to the rain , we will go out tomorrow and sometime this weekend also , is youth hunt so need to take a cple kids out 1 day for their deer. We are still looking for someone in Clarksville area that we can tag a long with and learn how to catch 'em . We are set up for day or night , even tho night runnin for the 1st time is makin me uneasy lol.I wish we would have gottenm all the rain 4 months ago so our horse hay wouldn't have gone sky high.We are hooked so we try to get out as long as momma don't give us the look lol.We would go out every day if I could afford it.

8. wannafish

wannafish New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    well we went out and was out of water by 2pm.Started off bad , boy had nice 1 up to boat , as I went to grab it the hook pulled off the line , he was mad at me lol.then we caught 3 in the 5 to 8 pound range .they were hitting pretty good , drifted and caught them in the 35 foot range in 45 to 50 foot of water on cut shad and skip.water was 67 degrees. still hopin for a big 1.water was not all that muddy just a little darker than usual.we need to find some good line that isn't so stiff and some good combos.well hope they are that good come Sunday mornin .If there is anyone out there goin out Sunday we can tag along with and watch and learn how to anchor and learn some tips we would appreciate it...thanks