Muddy water fishing tips

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by brinley45cal, Apr 26, 2006.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    The river here has been muddy dew to all the rain we have been getting,is it a waste of time to try to fish in muddy water?If you think its worth trying how would you fish it? bait,set up that type of thing.Or should i go fish cleaner water and wait untill the water clears up on the river?

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Yep, I would target channels with stink bait, blood bait on Looper's rigs.

3. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    brinley45cal,

All I can say is 'cut bait.'

Dennis

4. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The more it stinks the better in that situation. Try the back eddys of some islands if you can.

5. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks guys mybe ill give it a go then i have cut bait stink bait,cured liver heck i have a little bit of everything.I havent caught any cats yet but ill givem a try on the river then,its high and muddy so i was thinking about fishing a creek that runs into the river does that sound like a good place?

6. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Fishing the creek and the creek mouth that comes into the river is a great spot. Also try and find a place that is normaly above water like a sandbar or any kind of big flat area that is submerged because of the high water. Anywhere there is going to be fresh food for cats. Tear'em up man.

7. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    put some blood in the water. fish blood is best" cut bait". bird blood is good chicken livers, blood bait . beef blood will work also.

8. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    ill give it a try,ive got some chicken liver blood ive been saving.I always drain and keep the blood of the livers before i cure them.So ill try that.

9. stonemaster

stonemaster New Member

State:
    versailles, ky.
    Are you fishing the Ky. river? I have been and it is up and muddy with lot's of current here in Woodford Co. I have been having great luck fishing the small creaks for bass. While cats are my number one choice I have not been having any luck with them. Like you I don't know how to fish that kind of water. I did go to the creak mouths as the water was coming up and had very little luck. But now I go up the creaks and cast a lead headed jig with a white twister tail and have been having a ball with the bass. White bass , smallmouth, spotted and largemouths.We must have caught at least a hundred white bass today. I am having a hard time finding those eddies that they are talking about for cats. Well, good luck.

10. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    yeah ive been fishing the ky river and its been a mess,the water looks like chocolate milk its so muddy,ive tried fishing feeder creeks ,the mouths of the creeks and still nothing,which is surprising because the shad in those areas are everywhere.