Mudcats, Yellow Bellies, etc... Why No Respect

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by H2O Mellon, Dec 25, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I used to (well still still do) love to catch Mudcats or Yellow Bellies (depending on where your from) on ultra light tackle. To me it seems liek these thigns don't get much attention unless it's for bait. I will amdit that if I had some I'd use them for Flathead bait too, but I dont hear people talking about them. Are they overpopulated in the south? We have our share here in Ohio., but they are not as popular as panfish & things like that.

2. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Clams and red worms will catch you bucket full's, two at a time, around here, if thats what you are after. They are great for taking the kids fishing and they fry up as well as any other! I personally perfer cats big enough to filet!

3. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    i hate the way they just sit there and nibble your bait till its gone.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think it has to do with the size of them, plus when I catch them they always swollow your hook..Once you catch a 50-lb flathead a 1-lb bullhead does not seem to exciting.

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    mmmm bullheads! eatin size bullheads are hard to find around here. i love 'em, nothin like deep fried bullheads. used to be able to go to the paylakes and load up on them, catch all you wanted. they dont even stock them anymore.

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    It's just around here you dont hardly get any decent size ones.....everyone likes the Channels, and blues, including me......I used to fish for them in a pond beside my house for fun though.....nothing wrong with one on a ultralight esspecialy for smaller kids. :D