Mud River 3-13-07

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by DANZIG, Mar 13, 2007.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Just too nice out today, despite all the things that needed done I just could not keep my head in the game. So, instead of fighting it I grabbed 3 rods and ran down to the Mud River at the Ona Falls.

Took to flogging the water for Muskie, tossing a bit to see if the Sauger or Crappie had come up yet, and pitched a Nightcrawler out on the bottom for good measure.

Saw one Muskie turn at the surface but no takers on my swim bait. Nothing doing with the Sauger or Crappie and was getting ready to wander to the other end of the pool to pitch a Roostertail.

Was working on getting the Nightcrawler rod pinned down when a big breeze blew a "belly" into my line (just down with a couple of splitshots) went to turn the handle to re-tighten the line and it began to tighten it'sself. Not fast, just like it would if a floating limb had caught the line. Don't see a limb but it still looks that way till I notice it is pulling against the eddy current.

Set the steel to it and nothing moved, damn a snag! Then it took off, like to doubled my Ugly Stick!
    Pulled like the devil but stayed down. What in the world have I hooked? Finally got it to the surface and low and behold, A Whoppin big Carp!

Played the "to the bank and run off again" game for a while, wishing I had been bright enough to bring a net. Finally wore her out and beached what I guess was at least a 20 pounder!
    What a horse! and plumb full of eggs.

Turned her loose, sat back, popped a beer, and thought to myself......
    This is way more fun than working on the lawnmower!:smile2:

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great report! Did you take a pic?

3. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Outstanding my man...liked the beer part LOL

4. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Sorry, do not own a camera. Well, I probably have an InstaMatic somewhere...

Guess I am gonna have to break down and buy a digital. But every time I go to spend the money I think, New rod, boat, truck, or house repair, Something for the Bike, Fishing trip...