Mud Motors

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Umba, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Umba

Umba New Member

State:
    WI
    Hello,
    Does anyone run a mud motor.We fish on the Wisconsin River wich gets pretty low at times and has alot of sand bars. I've been checking out some info on Gatortail,Beavertail,Scavenger,Mudbuddy,BogHog,StumpJumper and ProDrive.Problem is you can only tell so much from an ad.Any info from someone who has one,or knows a friend that has one would be greatly appreciated.
    P.S. How did they what the profile of my head looks like to put on this post,is there anything Big Brother doesnt know?????

2. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    I have a few friends that have go devils. I like them but they are big. One thing I don't like about them is the lack of having reverse. Alot of the new surface drives that you described have a reverse gear.
    My buddy took me through a stretch of river that was real shallow, the bottom of the boat was hitting the sand bar. He told me to lift up on the handle as hard as I could and burry the prop in the sand. It pushed the boat right over the sandbar.

3. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    We ran Go Devils out of our duck camp they were great for shallow water. They were slow, and if you hit anything with them they could bang you up or throw you out of the boat. Also not all boats run good with them.

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I've heard great things about mud buddy. I know a lot of duck hunters that use them with great luck.

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have a 10 horse Go-Devil.It ran well in shallow.rocky,sandy,muddy,stump and weed infested waters.It also jumped logs and gators great.I would buy one again.It replaced my pushpole for everything but reverse.Sand will eventuly eat any prop up with time.peewee-williams