Mucc catfish show in Michigan

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by jspiel, Jun 1, 2006.

1. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    i know everyone has their own opinion of the MUCC and what they stand for, but this in not a political thread.

i just finished watching Michigan out-of-doors. At the end of the show, they said that next week is catfish week. they will be having stories on catching cats on both the East and West sides of the state. I did not hear everything they said about next weeks show, but i think they also mentioned tactics, baits, and cooking. (there you go Vic)

i just hope i remember to watch week, i dont have a vcr to record the show. lol

i almost forgot, on tonights show there was a fisherman from the Detroit area that Caught a new Canadian record for the "Whiper". just over 20 lbs. the old canadian record was just 7 pounds, and the Michigan record is just over 10.

hope i didn't bore you all to tears tonight. Tight lines Y'all.

2. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Thanks Jon!

When is it on???? time and channel?

I never get to see it anymore it seems... I musta forgot about that show!

3. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Hey,
    Stations and show times are on the mucc site for all around the state. I don't think I can post a link here but it's mucc, and it's a dot-org.
    I've seen them feature cats before, and I wouldn't have too high of expectations.
    There is probably more combined knowledge in 1/100 of this website than they could show in a year- but I know we all want all we can get, besides, it is "local", so there might be something worthwhile.

4. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    here is the link to the TV program schedule.

Looks like Im going to miss it, a I gotta work.

Whoever sees it, please share any insights that you learn about our home waters, and anything else thats new and interesting!

Much thanks.

Sal

5. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    If I did'nt know better I'd say the show would hardly be worth watching. But I happen to know the guy they fished with on the west side of the state. In fact I shave his ugly face every morning!!! We filmed the show back in May when the Channel cats were at their peak. We caught a bunch of fish. I'm pretty sure their going to combine our footage with the guy from the East side of the state to make a complete show. Hope you all enjoy the show. Try not to laugh at my first attempt at T.V.

Dan

6. Derick

Derick New Member

State:
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    time to fire up the old tivo!

7. jross1901

jross1901 New Member

State:
    IL
    that's awesome riverkat.
    fellas we have a celebirty on our board:lol: :lol:

i always enjoy reading your threads.

8. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Cool, local info and a local personality...er... local celebrity...
    Can't wait!

9. BamaCats

BamaCats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    is there anyway someome could tape it? if turns out to be any good then we could all watch it. just an idea

10. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Dan ya now that is great for you but this is a catfishing information site and i have noticed that you don't offer any info on where you fish besides the grand what you use for bait and where it comes from? dose it come from the grand? what part of the grand do you fish? what rigs do you use? where do you launch your boat? do you fish from the bank? don't worry we won't catch them all!!!!!!!!! sorry if this offends!

11. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Did anyone happen to see the Catfish show last night? I get channel 28 in my area, and it was suppose to be on at 9:00pm, but it wasn't. They did air a very good program called Man in the Wilderness. It was the story of a man from Iowa, at the age of 51 went to Alaska to live in the wilderness. It was a true story and vey interesting. If you get a chance to see it, it is worth while.
    Sparky

12. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Sparky,

I saw it last december on PBS. The guy's name is Richard Proeneke and the program is called "alone in the wilderness". I loved the show so much I bought the book and a copy of the DVD for my dad and one for my grandpa for Christmas this year.

The guy is just SO DARN INSPIRING!

There is another DVD available. I may get that for them this year. I saw it. It is also the fellow who helped edit and produce "Alone in the Wilderness". He took his son to go see Richard Proeneke and they filmed the show while he was alive.

My dad and grandpa liked it so much that now I can stop em from making crap by hand out of wood! LOL. Doors and windmills and all sorts of gadgets and goodies. heh heh.... maybe next year Ill buy them a DVD about a guy who just gave out money. ROTFL

13. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    I just talked to Jon, and he said the catfish show will air next week.

14. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Don't get no ideas sparky your wife won't go for that!:big_smile:

15. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Don, do you post exact launch sites or baits you use? I looked to me from your past posts that you had a pretty good handle on baits and riggings. There's nothing fancy about the setup I use. 1-6 oz no roll sinkers, 5/0 - 7/0 Eagle Claw #84's. I have mentioned both of these components in previous posts. Cut bait, wich I use almost exclusively, is any fresh caught and then cut up baitfish. Could be gills, suckers, chubs, green sunfish, crappies, rock bass, gizzard shad, if I'm catching bait on the river. If I'm in a pinch a bait shop nearby sells jumbo shiners and gizzard shad allready cut up. For livebaiting Flatheads I'd probably use trophy sized gills or 10 inch suckers. Hope this helps Don.

Dan

16. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    No need to post a launch dnr has a listing of all the launches on the river and i have all the time in the world there is only 5000+ miles of river!

17. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Hay buddy ya now i get along with every body but some how you just rub me wrong you seam to be a person thats out for your self and in my opionion I DON'T NEED YOU OR YOUR INFO SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW IF YOU WHAT TO BE UP FRON'T WITH EVERY ONE LET'S GO ARE YOU A GUIDE????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????