Mtn Island

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by shrewboy, Sep 1, 2008.

1. shrewboy

shrewboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I took the canoe out Saturday morning and tried me luck once again. It turned out to be what I would consider one of my better trips here recently. With the recent heavy rain, I tried one of the feeder creeks instead of the main channel. I anchored up about one hour before sunrise in about 5 foot of water. I only had one bite which was a 3 pound flathead. Just before sunrise I decided to move to a little deeper water when I decovered another three pound flatty on the line. I had to cut that one free. After moving to about 8 foot of water I managed to catch another 6 pound flathead shortly after sunrise. Several misses latter, I managed to land a 9 and about a 15 pound blue. Just when I thought my luck was getting better, my ditgal scale decided not to work on the last fish. Oh well.

Water surface was about 82 degrees and dirty with almost no flow. Slightly high with the recent rains with alot of debri on the surface. Bait was cut bluegill. Total fishing time was about 4 hours.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Good report! Our bite was slow downstream on Wylie Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The water now has been pulled back down and the bite is picking back up as the water clears out.

3. Buckedup

Buckedup New Member

State:
    NC
    Went out on Mt Island sunday night fished halfway back in the creek. Secondary points held some big fish. Fished 9pm to midnight had 10 total. 2 in the mid teens and 2 over 20. Butterflied shellcrackers was the ticket. Water temp. was 83 degrees.

4. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i need to go to that cove with my stunner and just see mind telling me where its at? lol

5. btilley

btilley New Member

State:
    NORTH CAROLINA
    caught some really nice cats, and lots of em, right behind the damn awhile back. anyone go right under the north end damn still?