Mtn Island

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by shrewboy, Aug 3, 2009.

1. shrewboy

shrewboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I told my wife late last night I would take a vacation day so I could watch my soon to be 2yr old while she takes my soon to be 8 yr old daught to carowinds. Only if I could do some fishing. She agreed. So I choose early this morning since I have things to do this PM.

I started about 4:30am and finished at 8am. Bait was cut up white perch from the freezer. The bite was slow, however the quality of fish was good. I had 3 fish in the 7-11 pound range and several eaters. The bite didn't start until sun up. About 6:30 I landed my PB blue at 27 pounds. Most fish was caught in the main channel of the lake to the best of my knowledge (~20-30ft). Depth finder still not working.

I told my wife about mid July this was going to be the year to break the 26 pound record I have been sitting on since May 2003. I was really thinking 30+, but got to start some where.
    27 pd blue cat 9-3-09.jpg

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Awesome catch Rob. Always glad to see the early fisherman out. Thanks for posting an the update!

3. shrewboy

shrewboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    By the way, all my fish are release unless someone wants some. I rarely keep any, maybe 2-10 fish a year. Then I will only keep the 5 pounds and under for meat. The wife don't like catfish every much.

4. supra06

supra06 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Cool, did the 2 yr. old take that picture?

5. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    WTG Rob!
    Nice PB blue. Now that you got your boat rolling there ought to be some more PBs on a regular basis.
    Congrats.

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Congrats Rob on the New PB and a good morning on the water,I am looking forward to trying out Mt. Island during the CCC Tourney,never been there but we gonna give it a shot and see what we come up with.:wink:

7. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Congrats on the new pb Rob ... Nice blue !!!:wink::big_smile:

8. shrewboy

shrewboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    No, that would be why I was home at 8:45am.:sad2:Beleave it or not, I have a delay timer on that camera. Who knew. :eek:oooh: LOL I put the fish on a stringer for about 5 mins so I could figure it out gain. My baby brother is always telling me to catch up the the 80's. Infact, he's the one who told me I had a delay timer on the camera at Christmas.

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    That is really awesome man!! Glad to hear you hooked into a new PB on MIL!! :big_smile:

10. Holmes

Holmes New Member

State:
    South Caro
    nice fish. gongrats on the new pb