Mtn Island 8-27-09

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by shrewboy, Aug 28, 2009.

1. shrewboy

shrewboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Went out last night and spent about 45 mins catching perch and less than 3 hours catting. Ended up with 5 fish with total weight of 92 pounds. Landed a 13, 30, 20, 21, 8 pounders. Lost one nice fish and missed one on a float. Had a live 9" white perch on the hook.

The 30 pounder was a new PB. Surface temp was 86 and cloudy conditions. White perch fillets and heads was the bait while drifting.

Knew this would be the year for the 30 plus pounder. Just didn't think it would of been this good of a year for me. Last 4 out of 5 outings I've landed a 24 plus pound fish. Sorry all pictures are at work.

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    congrats on the pb Rob. Keep up the good work.:cool2:

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Congrats on the new PB Rob and overall good night,not bad at all for 3 hours of Cattin:big_smile:

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    GREAT job, Rob!! Thanks for the report!

Bill in SC

5. Bowyer

Bowyer New Member

State:
    NC
    You are the master of MIL!

6. shrewboy

shrewboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I wouldn't go that far. I just think I've been lucky this year. With out my electronics this year, I had to use the little brain I had. :eek:oooh: Like Pooh bear always says to him self "Think, Think, Think". :wink:

7. catinthenet

catinthenet New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Not bad for a few hours of fishing. Congrats.