Mt. Island Tournament Results

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by WylieCat, Oct 14, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Six teams turned out at Mt. Island Lake for the first Carolina Catfish Club tournament of 2007. The temperature was a cool 48 degrees at launch with water temps in the upper 70’s. Bluebird skies were overhead all day and there was little or no wind.

At the weigh-in most of the experienced anglers on Mt. Island complained of a slower than normal bite, with some members not even bringing a limit of five fish to the weigh-in. As usual someone always finds the fish, and this weekend it was Karl Emerson and Rob McHenry (shrewboy) with the winning stringer.

First Place: Karl Emerson and Rob McHenry (Shrewboy)…36.8 pounds
    Second Place: Rodger Taylor (mudkip) and Dieter Melhorn (Wyliecat)…26.6 pounds
    Third Place: Cary Vanden Broecke (Billfish76) and Jason Low…19.0 pounds
    Big Fish: Rodger Taylor and Dieter Melhorn…15.4 pounds

Points Race

Karl Emerson and Rob McHenry…10 points
    Rodger Taylor and Dieter Melhorn…10 points
    Cary Vanden Broecke and Jason Low…6 points
    Kevin Custer and Odell Hinson…4 points
    Ron Howard…2 points
    Walter Lively…2 points

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Congrat's to Karl and Rob for their first place effords. Same goes to the second place team of Dieter and Rodger. Photo's of first and second place winners, plus photo of mudkiff (Rodger) holding the big fish can be found in the attachments. Mac

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    congrats to the winners,nice big fish rodger:wink:

4. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Man what a tough day on the water. We were lucky to catch an early bite otherwise we would have been bringing up the rear. Congrats to Karl and Rob that was a nice job they did. They brought the key to unlock the jaws today and had some real nice channel cats with their blue cat. It was a below average bite. Bait was absent from the creeks. Bites were hard to come by. We changed from tryinf to catch 5 nice blues to trying to catch 5 fish. Wylie Cat's boat performed well today. Mountain Island served another slice of humble pie today.

Special thanks to Mac for acting as weigh master. He snapped off some images at the weigh in for the club.

Hope the new members had a good time fishing even though the bite was poor. Keep fishing Mtn Island and she will reward you, just not very consistently.

5. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    :sad2: Do I get a copy to post too? :sad2: LOL:big_smile:

6. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    look out next time i'll be there to donate

7. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Whistler, PM sent! :wink:

Bowler man, we look forward to seeing you out there. Thanks for stopping by the weigh-in today to say hello!

Karl and Shrewboy, congrats on making it happen in tough bite conditions. You can be proud of the fish you brought in!! :wink:

Thanks LakeNormanBlues for stopping by, saying hello, and helping with the weigh-in. We will forgive you for defecting to Badin and fishing that series instead of fishing ours....LOL!!! :smile2:

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrates to winners. be easy on mac...he was highly welcomed to fish badin. im joining the ccc due to it myself. so watch out i might take a double header on one of these weekends to make my next donation.:smile2:

9. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    michael

It is good to have you as a member. We can all benefit from your knowledge of the Yadkin chain lakes not to mention we share the same values on protecting our fishing resources.

10. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Double header?

When and where is the next tournament on the Yadkin?

Hmmmmmm......

Sounds like a good place for a side bet on a Catawba vs. Yadkin team pot. :wink:

11. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well i talk alot of trash sometimes but im willing to say you guys will smoke me on the catawba and there is some from over there i look up too even on the yadkin. heck i just enjoy tournaments at a fun level. i have to really have a game plan to jump in on the big leagues but when they come to the yadkin i do get excited.:wink: i might not be able to make many of the meetings but i can show my support to you fellows. our future lies in team work. keep up the good work!

12. bobs bait

bobs bait New Member

State:
    north carolina
    good to see you win have not seen you thougth you were working out of town had a striper tx sat so missed this might fish next one bob

13. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    The Thurdays issue of the Charlotte Observer/Sports section will mention the first and second place results (names and weigh) of our tournament this past Sunday. Mac

14. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Saw it in the paper. Thanks Mac.:smile2:

15. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    I had to run out and get a paper after someone called my wife and said, "ain't that your husband?"