Mt Island Newbie

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bowyer, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Bowyer

Bowyer New Member

State:
    NC
    I’m a new member and wanted to thank all you guys who have help me get started cat fishing from posting all this great information. I would never have been able to catch these fish without it or even tried. I would like to find out more about catfish conservation as far as what I should throw back and what I should keep. If the CCC has an oath or guideline I will commit to following it. I have always kept to the principle of only keeping what your going to eat. I have been bringing a camera so if I do catch any big breeders I can photograph it and throw it back.
    The fish below were caught at Mt. Island in holes in the river above Neck Rd at 30 to 40 ft deep drifting small bream and perch fillets. They were caught in the middle of the day in the bearing sun between 11:30 and 12:30pm with heavy boat traffic so fish we can you can.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Ken. Like you said this place is full of good information and great people. Since I have found this site I have not been able to go fishing myself, but I too have learned a lot. I bet I am going to catch more fish and bigger fish, thanks to the people on the BOC. Welcome and good luck fishing, and keep the pictures coming. October isn't going to come fast enough. Andrew

3. Bowyer

Bowyer New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks SGTREDNECK. If that’s your picture in uniform my son and I want to personally thank you and all who have served. This family knows we wouldn’t be fishing Saturday without you!

4. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks Ken. You guys catch a fish for me. Andrew

5. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Nice fish , those suckers are fat . Welcome to the BOC , the best website on the internet . :big_smile:
    Also I wanted to say thank you to sgtredneck for serving this great country . :worship:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    No oath or pledge in the CCC. An educated person is more than capable of making the right decisions. :wink:

Come out to some of the meetings, ask questions, chat, and you will learn a lot. My e-mail is on www.carolinacatfishclub.com and I wil be glad to help if I can, and will quickly refer you to those that know more.

7. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The more you read on here, the more you will learn, and the bigger fish you will catch. Also keep the pictures coming of the ones you do catch:wink: