Mt. Island Lake Report 10.24.09

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Oct 24, 2009.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    The lake is clear and slightly above its target elevation. Water temps are around 69 degrees. Boat traffic is light today. So far the bite has been very slow, but the monsterrs are out there.

I will be posting some live fishing reports from the Carolina Catfish Club Mt. Island Lake tournament today. The reports will be in the CCC section of this website. Tune in for hourly updates!

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    WTG Dieter with the updates.
    Exciting stuff keep it up.

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I got online 1 time with my phone and checked it out and was gonna post a quick message myself and the bottom fell out the sky.I got to get me a Blackberry or something similar for easier navigation,a regular flip phone is too small and not user friendly for that.
    You did a good job on that Dieter.:wink:

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Hopefully we can do the same on the Catawba Catfish Club tournaments in 2010. Afterall, it is a lot more fun watching Team Green weigh fish than it is for me to do it!!! Heck, I may just get everyones phone numbers, sit around the house, sip on some cocktails, and become a professional catfish blogger!!

:smile2:

Seriously, it is a good way to keep people up to date on what is happening. Not everyone can make it out to the tournaments, and this is a good way to keep them part of the catfish angling community. It is also a good educational tool. The Carolina Catfish Club is the first and only series to this point to have live reports from the water durinig a tournament, so who knows what is next.

I made it a goal LAST YEAR to have tournament results up the same day of the event. NO ONE, not even the big series like Cabelas King Kat have ever been able to do that. WE DID IT!

This year the goal was to have the results up BEFORE THE WINNERS LEFT THE BOAT RAMP!! No one has ever attempted such a feat, but WE DID IT!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!

The scary part is, we are not even a "tournament club" and look at what we can accomplish. Great members that are not selfish and have the clubs goals in mind are what makes things like this happen. SO THANKS to all of the members of the Carolina Catfish Club!!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  5. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    had we known you were doing so ahead of time we would have shot you some pic texts for a couple of updates-maybe of some perch or something!:roll_eyes:

6. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Thats why we kept you as the PREZ.... Keep up the good work.