Mt. Ida

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by ersel, Jul 8, 2006.

1. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I am thinking of taking my family to Mt. Ida to dig for crystals and wanted to see if any of ya'll have done that. Or if there is anything else in the area that I am not aware of. Thanks Brothers.

PS if anyone lives in that area I would love to take the time to meet you.

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have not done that. Ther are also diamond digging here in Arkansas

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    thats the way to go brother do all you can with your FAMILY over 30 years ago i took mine hunting for diamonds at the diamond mine thy still tack about it :big_smile:

4. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Im a rock nut but Ive never been to mt ida, but I have some relatives there... gotta go sometime!

5. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    The Mt. Ida area is one of the most beautiful places in our state and there are many fun things to do in that area. You have lake Ouachita it is a very large and very clean lake full of fish. The Ouachita River above the lake has some really nice smallmouth fishing and canoeing, nothing too fast good family floating. You can go over to Pine Ridge to the Lum 'N Abner museum. (They were an old radio show back in the day.) Also it is close to Hot Springs that offers a host of choices for family and adult entertainment. One of my favorite places in that area is Hickory Nut Mountain. It offers a beautiful view of the lakes from it's peak. It is between Mt. Ida and Hot Springs and ,if my memory serves me right, about a 7 or 8 mile ride up a rough gravel road to get to the top. It can be made in any car, I once drove it in a camero. it is just bumpy. Well worth the ride though.

I hope this has been some help.

6. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Thanks to all for the info I think were are coming up in 2 weeks.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

We went to the gem mines here in NC and spent the day collecting gems. My wifes grandma actually found an emerald worth about 100 bucks and we found close to 300 stones a few worth cutting a few worth the memories and all the fun a 96 year old woman could handle. Good luck on your trip. I have heard about the Diamond mines on the discovery channel and would like to go one day I hope I make it. Once agian good luck.