MS River Bank Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by Backwater, May 1, 2006.

1. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hi, I'm new to the board and originally posted this in the TN rivers section. Someone suggested the real experts on West TN Mississippi river fishing were on this board. So here it goes...

"I recently retired from the Air Force and moved to the old farm site in Dyer County. I haven’t bought a boat yet and I’m looking for access to the MS River for bank fishing. Some guys at work mentioned a few places I could get to with my four-wheeler. But these guys don’t really fish, mainly looking for beer drinking/partying sites, and they are not above trespassing to get where they want to go. If anyone has suggestions/directions for a place in Dyer, Lake, or maybe Lauderdale County, it would be greatly appreciated. Right now I mainly fish the Obion which runs about a mile from my back door, but this summer I would like to challenge an Ole’ Miss monster! Thanks again, Jeff"

2. Cmac

Cmac New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I am in the same boat & would like some info as well???

Anybody got any ideas???

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :big_smile: SORRY I CAN'T HELP YOU THAT FAR SOUTH ON THE MISSIP BUT I DO WANT TO WELCOME YOU BOTH TO THE BOC .IT'S A GREAT SITE AND I'M SURE THAT SOMEONE WILL GET THE ANSWER FOR YOU. AGAIN WELCOME BOTHER FISHERMAN!!

4. Cmac

Cmac New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Thanks for the WARM WELCOME it is greatly appreciated!!!!!:big_smile:

5. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Cmac, I bought some county maps and spent yesterday driving the roads untill they ended at the river. I spoke to some "ole timers" at the coffee shop over breakfast and got some more places. I also contacted the Resorces Agency to get the location of the public boat ramps. So far I've found about four "good lookin' spots, and a few more I need to check out. I hope these ideas help, good luck in your search. I'll post a fishing report after the weekend.

6. Cmac

Cmac New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Thanks Backwater, hope you a truck full or at least one as big as the truck:eek:oooh: