Mrs. Goose PB

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Kansasgoose, May 18, 2008.

1. Kansasgoose

Kansasgoose New Member

State:
    Hoyt, kansas
    was cleaning fish friday afternoon and the wife says those magic words
    "I want to go fishing next time". Well we had conflicts saturday, so today was the day. and a great day to be out it was. light winds, full sun, and comfortable temps. went to perry, and put in at old town and quickly found some shad. also caught some 5-6 pound carp on a couple throws. We then headed north to the sticks. fished for 2 hours without catching any, and then about 9:30, things started happening. I caught a nice 3 pounder, and then had a small gar hit and was watching it flop in the boat when I saw her pole double over. I said very calmly, "you might want to get that pole". Cheryl picks it up and says, "get the net". I drop the gar, as I see the fish break water. A few minutes and we have the fish at the boat and in the net. Turned out to be a nice 6 pounder, her PB. we only caught 7 fish, but was a great day and she was glad to be along.

[​IMG]

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Sounds like you had a great day James,and having the wife there only had to make it better.
    Looks like she got in a little reading while there also.:roll_eyes:

3. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    James, don't think I've been up in that area since we fished it in that tournament..............sure enjoy that kind of fishing, bet your wife enjoys it too:big_smile: Stay after it, you know there are bigger fish roaming that area!!

4. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Great fish--Great pic--and Great story. Thanx for sharing them with us.

5. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    James, congratulations to the Frau, nice pic, thanks. I'll be glad when my Gal can go with me again.

6. Kansasgoose

Kansasgoose New Member

State:
    Hoyt, kansas
    Charile, you still focused on crappie? You said you were going to put the cats on hold this year and go back to crappie fishing full time, wondered if you wanted to meet at old town and go back up there? I have a couple "spots" that seem to be good for 3-4 nice fish, which should produce at least 10 if you're there:smile2:

Tom
    always nice when Cheryl comes along, which isnt too often. I can sit and watch the poles not move for a long time, but she needs a book along to make it more enjoyable. Thats not a bad deal, if thats all it takes to get her in the boat.

7. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    looks like you all had a good time

8. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    tell the wife congrats on the new personal best!

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congrats to yer wife. :smile2:

10. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Congratulations to your wife. Nice to see more women holding their own fish. My wife loves to go fishing but I told her right from the get go, you bait your own hook and clean your own fish.:smile2: She has no problem with that.

11. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    James, I don't have enough free time to be selective about what I fish for these days:angry:. Wouldn't mind a trip up that way before it gets to hot.

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Congrads to the Mrs on her PB.:cool2:

13. Kansasgoose

Kansasgoose New Member

State:
    Hoyt, kansas

Charlie

My internet is going to be down from right now through tuesday. If you still want to wet a line, just give me a buzz. I can bring my boat so you can get away if need, and no problem if your busy.

14. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Way to go Mrs. Kansasgoose!

15. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Congrats to Mrs. Goose. better watch out she is going to start to out fish every time and start to rub it in:smile2:.

Tom

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats to Mrs. Goose on a great pic and fish. Thanks for sharing.

17. youngbuck

youngbuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for telling the story and tell the wife congrads.