MPG

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Catfish_Calvin, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    What MPG does your boat get? My 2-stroke Mariner 60 holds a 12 gallon tank and going 25 miles down river and 25 miles back up river , runs it bone dry. Is that normal?

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Sounds about right..... I quess that it depends on the "M A S S" that it is moving up and down the river....LOL.....

my ole "traded" Merc 60 got about 4 to the gal.....Had three 6 gal tanks ...one for the spare....

bayrunner ray

3. Catfish_Calvin

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    When you say "mass", do you mean MASS-IVE fish in my livewell?????:smile2:

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    The use of hallucinogenic chemicals will get this thread deleted.:wink:

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Getting close to 4 1/2 mpg out of a 40 Evinrude on a 16' deep-v.

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    On KY Lake 19' Lowe 90 hp Merc 17 gallon a day. same boat 9.9 Mariner 5 gallon a day.

7. gofish98

gofish98 New Member

State:
    Lafayette Indiana
    I got an alumacraft 1860 with 115 hp suzuki 4-stroke , at 4000 rpm and 35 mph , Iget about 10 MPG!!! thats about 2 or3 times better than what i got from my johnson 25hp 2stroke , and i can get down river a lot faster.

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That's impressive, gofish!
    BB in SC

9. Catfish_Calvin

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    My buddy has a 115 4-stroke on his 18' Mr. Pike Lund and just today he was saying it got real good gas mileage. Im talking him into getting in these catfish tournaments with me. It will save about 30 dollars worth of gas every weekend!!! 4-stroke is the way to go now days with the gas prices. Ill definitly be investing in one when i can afford it.

10. gofish98

gofish98 New Member

State:
    Lafayette Indiana
    Thanks Bill , when I bought this boat the dealer told me it wouldn't use as much gas as my old boat and motor and I,m thinkin "yaa right" , but now I,m a believer!!! The suzuki motors are quiet and get great fuel mileage . :big_smile: It came with two 6.5 gallon fuel tanks , after the first couple months use , I started only taking one tank with me most of the time . AND it's a blast to drive , 0 to 45+ mph in less than 10 sec. :smile2::smile2::smile2:
    vince

11. tntitans21399

tntitans21399 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think my motor maybe getting down to it's last leg, but it's still running. 1972 55HP Chrysler pushes my around at 21 mph, and I get about 2 mph. I have a 17 gallon tank, so I can easily go through all it in a day if I wanted to.

12. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have a Merc Optimax 115 hp. It is a direct injected 2 stroke. It does very good on fuel. I fish the classic at Milford last year. I spent 4 days on tho water and ran the lingth of the lake (12 miles) twice a day and all over to catch bait and didn't burn 30 gallons! When I run, I usually run it as hard as it will run! I am very pleased with it!

13. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I got a 55 on my old boat, mech said it needed carb work, I got a new boat.
    Ill sale it but you gotta come and get it. It has a minn kota and live well small.

300 cash as is?

14. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    sounds about right !!!!!!!!

15. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a 115 Yamaha 4 Stroke on my 20' Xpress and get about 6 mpg when I keep it about 2/3 throttle and 4 mpg if I run it wide open. Last year in the Waverly Tournament we ran 108 miles round trip and burned 25 gals of fuel. We went down river empty but had roughly an extra 900 pounds coming back up river running wide open since we had a weak fish. I can't complain about that kind of fuel economy. I would recommend the Yamaha 4 stroke to anyone.

16. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Depends on how hard I run it but average is around ten per gallon if I'm just cruising at about 35-3800rpm on a 17' Triton with a 2005 75hp Merc 4 stroke