MPG - GPH

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Steveng79, May 20, 2008.

1. Steveng79

Steveng79 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I was wondering how many MPG or GPH my 2000 Tracker PT 175 with a two stroke 40 ELPTO gets. What RPM range gets me the best possible gas mileage? I am planning a 2 week camping trip and the best fishing spots are a ways from the camp site. With gas prices I may have to buy some paddles!!!

Also a friend and I went to smithville Sunday and caught 30 crappie from 10-12 inches. We did not even need to keep any under 10" and most were oveer 11" It was great. I want to take a day off this week and get some more!

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Man for my 20 foot boat with a 115 on it. I figure about 4.5 mpg. Or before the end of the summer it's going to be about a buck a mile.

3. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Of course running the boat at full throtle will burn the most gas in any boat motor combo. Try running no more than 3/4 throtle to get the best MPG.

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Oh but you are forgetting something there. Trim has something to do with it too.. you do the wrong trim and running at 3/4 throttle could be not as good as you wish. To really get best results you need the digital gages hooked up to the motor.

5. Steveng79

Steveng79 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I wonder if a 40 horse gets better than 4 miles to the gallon?