Mozingo Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ozzyso44, May 14, 2007.

1. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    I now do by officially declare that Mozingo is a very, very good catfish lake. We caught them on dead bluegill - stinky dead bluegill that were not fresh or kept on ice. Bluegill that were left in a livewell all day to stew in the heat. Did not catch any on cut shad, wicked sticky, hot dogs or nightcrawlers.

Lots of catfish being caught in the deeper parts of the coves but I don't know what they were using.

The water from 1ft -12ft foot was just full of vegetation - very thick.

Crappie were hitting hard - but size = small with not alot of slabs. Hundreds of crappie being caught by anyone with a hook and a line. You didn't even really need bait.

Eggs only is one out of eight crappie filleted.

2. nkccatman

nkccatman New Member

State:
    mo
    Glad to hear you had some luck Ozzy!Just wondering what size of cats were you catching ,always wanted to give that lake a try!

3. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    The cats are all very good size with the biggest one that I saw was 11-12 lbs. Ours were all over 4 lbs with the biggest about 8-9. It is not that far and not that big of lake, you should try. I will be going back.

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    where is this lake located

5. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Maryville up almost to Iowa