Moving to Virginia

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by bluecat69, Dec 20, 2005.

1. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    I will be moving to Newport News in July and wondering where the best place is to get a map of the James River so I can study up on the locations that ya'll talk about and fish.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Mike

2. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Any of the local tackle shop when you get up here will have maps. So will Bass Pro Shops in Hampton.

I'm not too far down the road from Newport News (Chesapeake). Feel free to get in touch with me when you get here and I'd be happy to get you started with ramp locations, etc..

Getting stationed up here or getting out?

/Scott

3. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    Scott,
    Thanks for the info. I am getting stationed there. I quess they figured that I should have a cush assignment since I have been deployed three times in the last 3 1/2 years. Looking forward to coming up and meeting some you fellow Virgina catmen.
    Mike

4. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Welcome aboard!! I'm assuming you're out of Bragg? I do comms support for the SF SigDets so I spend a little time down there now and then.

/Scott

5. basstardo

basstardo New Member

State:
    Williamsburg, VA
    Mike,

Let me add to Scott's welcome as well. I'm in Williamsburg which is about 15 minutes up the highway from Newport News. Feel free to get in touch with me as well when you get in town. The Chickahominy is very close by and provides excellent blue catfishing as well, and I'd be happy to show you around.

Terry

6. tank3544

tank3544 New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    over in online resources on this board i made a post to FREE online maps that you can download and study