moving to TN. LAND

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by swampratt, Mar 28, 2009.

1. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Might be moving to the nashville area. job is right near the airport..
    Was looking for a house and land Do not want to drive more than 45 minutes one way
    and was wondering if you can hunt on your own land ..10 acres enough or do you need more ..Would like to know the rules..
    And figured this is the best place to ask,,,
    Is there a good place to fish for blues in the nashville area
    Thanks jeff

2. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee

3. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yes you can hunt on your own land, not sure 10 acres is enough ,probable for birds and rabbits and maybe squirels. . I don,think you can drive anywhere in Nashville in 45mins. more like an hour....just a joke...On the west side down I40 would be much better.. ( I'll catch hell for that} you got the Tenn about 60 miles drive Cumberland a little closer,40 miles and the Duck river. and some nice creeks to catch small mouth bass. Plenty of deer and turkeys. .And mostly good old Tennesse river crappie and CATFISH. I sound like realitor?????? welcome to the BOC, It is a great site. You can learn a lot on this forum. make sure you sign on the Intensity part . It will blow your mind ,many ideas and some hard headed people . anyway welcome,,,,sorry I scewed up on my frst reply

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Some of the best catfishing in the US is right around the corner from you. Congrats

5. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome! Yes you can hunt,or fish on your own land.I dont think there is a size limit on the land as long as you obay the laws about hunting too close to a dwelling.
    smokey

6. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jeff you can hunt on your land with no problem, also I know people that deer hunt on seven acres, it does not hurt to get to know your neighbors and asking about recovering game or even to hunt onto there property. More would be better, enjoy and good luck Richard

7. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Thanks guys!!
    will keep looking for some home place with land...Sounds about the same as it is here, with the regs, and i always get to know my neighbors..

Who else besides family will you trade food with..smoked meat homemade jams..mmm mmmm.