moving to the warsaw nc area

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by roger_syclone, Jul 21, 2008.

1. roger_syclone

roger_syclone New Member

State:
    mosinee,Wi
    Hello everyone ,
    I was just wanting to know where are some places to do some fishing around the warsaw area. I have a 20' and a 14' jon anyplace where i can get any of them in to do some fishing I usually go after blues and flatheads on small rivers here in missouri and kansas .Any tips or advice will be lots of help.thanks in advance.

ps If anyone has some info on finding some rental property in the country, could you give me a tip as i am finding in hard to get info on the area :embarassed:

2. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    I'm not real familiar with The Town of Warsaw, but here's the link to their town website. On the site, they have info about the local newspapers in the area. You might find some rental listings in the classified sections of those local papers. Luck to you!

http://www.townofwarsawnc.com/

3. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Warsaw, Clinton, Wallace, Burgaw all local towns in the area. You'll be chasing BIG flatheads and nice Blues in the Cape Fear River. Be sure and check out the Catfish Anglers Association when you get in town!! You'll also be studying up on your saltwater since Downeast in NC we do it all!!

4. cliu

cliu Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I live right here in Wallace about 10 miles from Warsaw. RCA realty would be a good place to start looking for rentals. As far as big flats and blues Neuse River is closer to Warsaw than Cape Fear and there are plenty of big fish in the Neuse. There is alot of good tourneys around here and good people, get up with me or any of the guys on this site to find out about the tourneys.

5. roger_syclone

roger_syclone New Member

State:
    mosinee,Wi
    cliu could you give me some locations (road/hwy names ) for Neuse River where i could put a boat in,i can look them up on google earth .

It looks like you guys in north carolina don't play when it comes to catching big cats .:smile2:my biggest one down here was 48 pounds and people thought it was a monster lol ,I am looking forward to catching some great catfish in north carolina

6. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
  7. cliu

cliu Member

State:
    North Carolina
    should be some landings on the nuese on that same site. Kinston would be the closest to you from warsaw.

8. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    just make sure you are careful on the Fear because it is hard to find you when you drop out of sight in this river