Moving to Springfield area

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Riverbear, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Riverbear

Riverbear New Member

State:
    California
    I am moving around October from out of state and just wondering what fishing is around there :crazy:

2. medford

medford Member

State:
    pleasant h
    rob you are moving to a good area this area as earl told you is to me the best there is in the state plenty of good waters and close to ya to were you will be moving there will be plenty of boc brothers here to answer any questions that you will have welcome to the area from the boc brothers in this area:wink:

3. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    If you go south of springfield on hiway 65 just north of branson take hiway 176 to Forsythe. Nice quiet are to trout fish. Try up above powersite dam, in a boat with slip bobbers and powerbait small hooks. It's allot of fun. Below powersite dam is an area known as "the pothole". When the are isn't flooded you can find some nice rainbows and browns or brooks. I know of a good website that will hook you up with some locals that know the area. Drop me a line and I'll give you the URL. Above powersite is Lake Taneycomo. The water is cold but you might find a few cats around there.

4. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    mo has great cat fishing all over it. i came here from california too, living out here grows on you.....like a fungus

5. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Welcome to the BOC, and Welcome to the Show Me state.
    Get ready for some of the best catfishing of your life :smile2:

6. Riverbear

Riverbear New Member

State:
    California
    wow thanks for all the info cant wait to get moved and get to fishing out there. Gonna be a little while gotta wrap things up here in California, hoping to be moved by first part of October.

7. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    welcome to missouri :big_smile:

ive also fished with earl and he allways put me on the cats !!!!!

ya can learn alot from that guy :wink::big_smile:

8. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    same here buddy guys like us are far and few between :wink:

we old school and we get er done 1 way or another !!!!!

we have did it all and been there twice ...

9. Double L

Double L New Member

State:
    Mo
    welcome to the BOC Rob,
    I live in Bolivar about 30 miles North of Springfield , But I work in Springfield, if You would like we could get together and I could show You some spots on some rivers and some of the lakes.

10. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to Missouri and the BOC. If you should happen to see a blue Izusu swim past you at Truman please hook it--it's mine:smile2::smile2: Stay safe and good fishing!!!

11. KAYAK CAT KILLER

KAYAK CAT KILLER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Earls got you in the right direction for big cats. I am somewhat of a river rat , and there is a variety of awesome fishin on the rivers around here. I fish the James river heavy all year. The winter monthes have been awesome for channel cats.year round(channels , smallmouth , kentucky bass, goggleye, crappie , white bass , spoonbill , and more) The james river runs directly out of springfield lake. the lake is just so-so fishing like tha man said. I just started having some success on the finley river arm of the james river (just minutes from springfield in Nixa). Finley runs into the neck of the james and the james dumps into tablerock lake in branson. Two hours southeast of springfield are some sweet clear river waters to fish with trophy smallmouth...."Please CPR these fighters"!!!!! (north fork, elevenpoint, bryant, jacksfork, niangua , current rivers). PM me and ill show ya around some day.