Moving to SC

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by WildT, Feb 23, 2007.

1. WildT

WildT New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Planning on moving to the Charleston/Summerville area from Ohio. Need a good hole down there. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. catfishing365

catfishing365 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    just head to santee, there are plenty to catch there

3. CaTmAnDo55

CaTmAnDo55 New Member

State:
    florence, SC
    hey brother i moved from NY back in 98 and i love it people around here are fantastic i have some friends that moved from marysville ohio and family in ashland ohio and you will love the fishing in know i do and if you move get up with me through the site and we'll set you up on some cats

4. zivetor

zivetor New Member

State:
    Charleston, S.C.
    WildT,

Anywhere there is water here is a good spot.. But the lakes are awesome, I do know this for a fact when you do move here and fish a couple of times, you will be updating your AVATAR Photo:big_smile: :big_smile: And your friends back in OHIO will envy you with the fish your holding in your Picture:cool2:

lenny

5. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    i just move back to ohio a few months ago from georgetown...i loved it there the ppl are great and it is a all out beautiful place but the catfishing was nothing like in ohio....but everyone has diffrent opinions...if you ever get a chance go to pawleys island and do some flounder fishing and if you want try shark fishing we was catching sandshark at pawleys island right at the beach....but good luck hope you enjoy im tring to talk my ol'lady into moving back but she wont unless i have a job before i get there

6. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    goose creek resivore any saltwater brackish water around the missle base santee-cooper lake moultrie-lake marion folly beach area isle of palms at deweese inlet for bluefish and shark

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Cant help you there, but would like to welcome you to the BOC!!!!!

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the BOC. Also welcome to South Carolina.

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Welcome to the Boc S C is a great state

10. HuntingHound

HuntingHound New Member

State:
    SC
    I hear the Tailrace Canal around Monk's Corner has some good fishing. Welcome to the SC & the BOC!

11. WildT

WildT New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for all the info guys. Looking forward to the move. And leave my little cat alone Ziv. Its not his fault. :big_smile:

12. WhiskerSticker40

WhiskerSticker40 New Member

State:
    SC
    Brian, welcome to the BOC. I cannot tell you anything about the lowcountry area other than the lower lake (Lake Moultrie) produces some great fish. Hang in here and you will get some great info, the people are great.

13. zivetor

zivetor New Member

State:
    Charleston, S.C.
    WildT, That's a catfish your holding? I thought that was bait, that is the size minnows we use here for Crappie and Catfish.. Sorry I bout that. I didn't realize it was a Catfish.. My Bad.. :lol:

J/K Can't wait to see your knew photos when you move down here. I love it here. I moved hear from New Mexico and man I thought I was doing something when I caught a 6lb catfish in New Mexico.. Thats a regular size fish down here..

Z:cool2:

14. WildT

WildT New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    come on ziv...i posted a new pic so you could see the massive girth of this channel cat..kinda scary huh? :big_smile:

15. zivetor

zivetor New Member

State:
    Charleston, S.C.
    That is a very Nice Fish my friend.. Thanks for taking the time to show it to me.. I stand Corrected, that is a nice size fish.. So when are coming down? Look foward to hear about your first catfishing trips on the lakes.. If you get here in april or may, make sure you make a little spot for some catfish in your fridge. Restring your poles and grease your reels and come on.. You will be fishing southern Style... YYYEEEE HHHHAAAAAAA...

Lenny

16. JACKSON

JACKSON New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    There are so many places to fish in the area. There is alot great cat fishing right off the bank. ST. STEPHENS has a canal that holds some large cats. Santee River from Wilsons Landing in Cross all the way down to hwy 17 near Georgetown holds plenty of fish. Good Luck on the move.

17. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Thats nice of you to jump right in and start helpn somebody as soon as you join.Welcome aboard.Now if we could just get some of the lurkers to start participating instead of just readin all the info we would all be alot more knowledgable about the places we fish.Theres alot of SC members on here thats never posted anything but they view everyday.Come on yall help some folks out if you can.

18. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the board and like Chris said thanks for helping on your second post here.