Moving to more suitable surroundings!!!

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jerseycat9, Oct 3, 2008.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well gang it seems old jersey cat stepped in poop on this one:big_smile: Gonna be moving about 5 minutes away to a nice lake house back in the woods on lake lanier:big_smile: Been playing phone tag with the realtor for 2 weeks and I finally had enough and called her and flat out said "whats it gonna take to get me in this house ASAP!!" Its a 3 bedroom 2 bath house with fireplace, big deck, smoke pit, fire pit, covered dock with electric and ceiling fans. Its $50 more a month for rent than Im paying now but I pay $50 a month in boat storage so it all works out plus I wont have to deal with the community living crap no more no more HOA up my butt about things. Best part is its on Flat Creek my favorite spot on the whole lake. No words can describe how happy I am right now:tounge_out: But with all that said when it comes down to it with all the security and 1st and second months rent plus Im stcuk for this month in my present location money is gonna be so tight a frogs butt would be jealous. So me making the gathering is most likely not gonna happen and internet may be a luxury I cant afford for a while so if I suddenly disappear for a month or more ya know what happened but if that should happen when I get back online the fishing reports will pour in :big_smile: Oh and an extra bonus this house puts me 10 minutes closer to work as well:tounge_out:

2. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Sounds sweet Terry,,
    Good luck with it...
    puddle...:big_smile:

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Congrats Terry. I've caught some huge stripers off the long sandy point where flat and balus creeks come together (balus creek side). Got one over there one night almost 40#. Nice place to live.

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sounds like you're gonna love it there brother! If you dont mid showing the place off, could you show some pics?

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Congrats on the move it seems that you will enjoy it:big_smile::big_smile_2:

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Good Luck with the new place, sounds great. When my kids finally fly the coupe and I don't have to be close to decent schools...I wanna live on the lake or river.

7. Yakdawg

Yakdawg New Member

State:
    Cumming, GA
    Congrats on the place!

I live five minutes from Lanier....but will someday be right on the water!

8. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Right now Im 5 minutes from lanier and in a couple weeks I will be no minutes from lanier :big_smile::tounge_out::big_smile: This is what I moved down here for just had to bide my time and wait for the moment :big_smile:

9. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Congrats, a dream location for sure.

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Alrighty gang its D-day next time ya see me I will be at the new place:wink: It may take a couple weeks to get everything hooked up and straightened out as I think I will have to go back to satellite :crazy:

11. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    be sure to do a network scan to see if your neighbors want to give you free wireless internet until you can afford it. that way you can keep in touch! good luck and congrats to you!

12. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    Congrat's on the move. I'm about 20 minutes from the lake and I guess I'll just have to dream about being right on it. Oh, by the way, no need in missing any time on the web, you can go to any of the local libraries and use the computers there and it's free. All you need is a library card and you're good to go for up to 2 hours a day.

13. fireman1501

fireman1501 New Member

State:
    georgia
    sounds like the house was worth the price. good luck man dont make the wife mad

14. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats brother, you will be fishing soon!!

15. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well it all worked out just fine transfered cable and internet over today and barely missed a beat:wink: 1st night after the big stuff was moved I managed 4 channels and a 7lb striper right off the dock and this morning I got 3 stripers in 2 hours from the boat just out from balus and missed a truck load surface poppin. A guy can get used to this :big_smile: