Moving to lake livingston

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by byron9393, Jun 27, 2008.

1. byron9393

byron9393 New Member

State:
    texas
    I'm new to this place but been hideing out a watching for about a week now. Sure is a lot a great info. out there. I have lived on the upper end of lake travis for some 40 years and love the place. But like everywere the people just keep on a comin. So the wife and I are packing up and moving to the upper end of lake livingston. Buying a small RV park/fish camp and moving my parents there w/us.
    Lake Travis is clear. I mean 30' vis. on a good day. The fishing is good but has taken a lifetime to learn it. Now I am about to go to a lake that seems to have about 8 to 10" of vis. on a good day. It's going to be a hell of a learning curve. Could use all the help I can get from some of you locals in the area. I wont be moved untill the end of Aug. ??? Thanks.

2. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bryon, Outoor writer Luke Clayton here. My email is lukeclayton@prodigy.net.. I've fished and written about Livingston for many years and have some good guide buddies there. Give me an email and I will help you as much as I can. Good luck on the new project/life... luke

3. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i stay near white rock creek on lake liviingston. i will be in port aransas for a month and in august we will be back at livingston. what rv park are you going to be at? i have stayed at most of them.

4. byron9393

byron9393 New Member

State:
    texas
    We have been staying at the Bethy Creek park. It is not far from where we are looking at buying property. I would like to give details but can't at this time because it would cause problems for the owner of the place. Hopefully we will be moved by the end of Aug.:roll_eyes: if not sooner. We do not know anyone there and I have never been on the lake before. Can't wait.:big_smile: I grew up on Travis. World of diff.
    Thanks for the reply
    Byron

5. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    You will find a whole new world down there at Livingston. You'll like it here. Plenty of stripers/white bass in the lower lake and... up north of Harmon Creek in the river, a good,dependable white bass run in the late winter. Also... some great duck hunting there as well... luke clayton

6. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    we have been doing a lot of catfishing not to far down lake from bethy creek. i stayed there a couple of times, but decided on staying closer to the jungle.

7. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i have heard there is a rv park for sale up there. when you get everything final get with me. i will be up there fishing most of august.