Moving to Ft. Worth

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by TxRiverman, May 1, 2009.

1. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    Looks like i could be moving to Ft. Worth, any good places to go catfishing in the D/FW area?

2. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Sorry I can't help ya on the fishin' spots, but wish ya the best on the move. I would rather have a stick shoved under my fingernail than move!

3. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    There are many good lakes around Ft Worth for catfishing. Eagle Mountain, Grapevine, and Lewisville and Ray Roberts are not too far from there. Whitney is also close as is Possum Kingdom. All have produced some nice cats. Just 2 hours to the east of Ft Worth is Tawakoni, which might be the best catfishing lake in the nation. Good luck to you.

4. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    yup theres some good fishin round here good places to catch bait too

5. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    Man your moving to a catfishing mecca..lol

Pick a lake and it'll be good for cats. Any direction from there you will hit good fishing. You also have a few really good rivers nearby...like the Red .

Best of luck

6. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Close to home, you have Eagle Mountain lake, a VERY good spot for both blues and channels. A little over an hour east is TAWAKONI.. The Catfish Captol of Texas.. Then, there's Richland Chambers, AWESOME for channels and blues, then, Cedar Creek, a great lake. Start close to home there at Eagle Mountain, though,it's very good. Good Fishing, Luke Clayton

7. jdh

jdh New Member

State:
    Texas
    Try out Hubbard Creek Lake at Breckenridge if it is not too far. It has had some fine catfish in the past. Fish around the causway to the island and watch out for the weather, it can get rough in a heartbeat if the wind gets up.

Good Luck and Welcome