Moving to Denver, NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'LOCAL COLORADO TALK' started by SkiMax, Aug 6, 2008.

1. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Hi all, I am moving to Denver from Indiana here in a couple of days. I love walleye fishing and go to Lake Erie several times a year to go after them. I was wondering if anybody could give me any help with places around Denver to fish for walleye, or any other fish for that matter. Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I would try the big Mack in westren Ne.

3. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Sorry to see ya leaving the Hoosiers state.Don't turn into a traitor and start rooting for the Broncos.

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    if i remember right Cherry Creek resivor has walleye , trout , carp , pike , i'm not sure with the pike , bass , i haven't fished there sence i was a teenager . maybe Sasquatch_24 will chime in , he from them parts i'm 5 hr's away .

5. Sasquatch_24

Sasquatch_24 New Member

State:
    Colorado
    lagerman res is about 50 miles north of denver. thers some great walleye there. your best bet is to find some old farm ponds. go knocking on doors and ask if some old farmer will let ya fish his pond. walleye is pretty hard to come by in colorado.

6. BACKWOODSBOY350

BACKWOODSBOY350 New Member

State:
    COLORADO
    FOR THE WALLEYE I FISH LAKE LOVELAND IN SHORE CASTING ONLY BUT WE GET SOME NICE WALLYS OUT OF IT USING JERK BAITS AND JIGS I KNOW LONETREE IS VERY POPULAR FOR WALLEY AND IS A PUBLIC STATE LAKE IT IS JUST SOUTH OF LOVELAND AND EASY FISHING HAS A GOOD CAT AND WIPER POPULATION AS WELL I HAVE CAUGHT SEVERAL NICE LARGEMOUTH AND GOOD PANFISH AS WELL. LAUGERMAN IS VERY GOOD BUT IT CLOSES AT DARK SO IT MAKES A SHORT TRIP

7. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    NEVER! But I'm a Bengals fan so I don't root for the Colts either. :eek:oooh:

8. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Bad thing is I doubt you will see a bunch of Cincy Ball out there.

9. Sasquatch_24

Sasquatch_24 New Member

State:
    Colorado
    you also might wanna try lon haglAR. ITS GOT SOME NICE WALLEYES. another good one is Jackson lake and state park. its about 45 minutes east of frederick/dacono. take HWY 52 east to I-76. and I-76 will pretty much take you right to it. the division of wildlife comes and shocks the water that collects on the other side of the outlet a couple times a year. ive seen state record walleyes in there.

10. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

that's why one of the first things i did was get NFL Sunday Ticket :big_smile: