moving to around killen alabama

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by dinger66, Dec 11, 2007.

1. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    my family and i are moveing to around killen ala this spring i was wondering if anyone had any advice to share with about jobs and or anything else that might help me in my move .

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    ive been in Al my whole life from one end to the other, where the heck is killen?

3. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    above elgin just above rodgersville and wheeler damn

4. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    gotcha, i had to think about it untill ya said wheeler dam. ive got friends and fam. in huntsville, but i aint sure how far ya wanna commute. or what your trade is. best of luck bro.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    You have Florence west of there. A paper mill south of there on the south side of the lake. Then Decatur Al is a big place with lots of big places. but it would depend on what your working in.
    Pete

6. sherlockian

sherlockian New Member

State:
    Alabama
    dinger, I live and work in Athens(which is about 30 miles east of Killen). There are several of us locals on the forum. Let us know what your trade is or what type of employment you are looking for, maybe we can help or point you in the right direction. I work for TVA, which has several plants(Nuclear, Fossil, and Hydro) in the area.

7. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    thanks would love to get in with tva .iam sort of a jack of all trades master of none lol,looking at a house on first creek this weekend.i have federal job rehire preference if that helps anything

8. O2Bfishing

O2Bfishing New Member

State:
    West Virginia
  9. Pacman

Pacman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Don't be speeding when you go through there or you will find yourself financing the city government! After you get moved send me a pm and I'll put you in touch with my brother who lives just a few miles away. He can probably put you on a few good fishing holes. The river provides some excellent fishing, and Wheeler lake is famous for its blue catfish.