Moving the console on a pontoon

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by flatheadhunterx, Feb 23, 2006.

1. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    it may be to late to ask but has anyone moved their side console to the center of their pontoon. i have mine unwired and unbolted to move but had to order a longer steering cable. if anyone has done this was it worth the trouble and what did you find to be the upside or downside after the move. thx

2. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Been there, done that and it wasn't any big deal. Problems I had were minimal and my cable reached no problem. I guess the only problem I had was the console I took out was a big old dog and the one I put in was a lot smaller. I wanted the smaller one for more room in the boat but I had to kind of cram all my instruments into a smaller area and it was tight on the back side with all the wires and such. I drew out a wiring diagram for mine with auto cad and that helped a lot also as I took every single thing out and cleaned them up and reinstalled them. Of course I had forgotten which wire went where so the drawing helped. Anyone needs a wiring diagram for a Party Barge 1988, I've got one that worked for me, if I can find it. Anything you do to a boat to make it "yours" you will like when your done.