moving console on pontoon

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by willcat, Jun 16, 2008.

1. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Well I finally figured out the teleflex steering part of it, so now I'm trying to figure out how the shifter control comes apart so that I can bolt it to my new console and install it on the toon, can somebody look at these pics & tell me how it comes apart????????????

Attached Files:

2. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    WC, if I'm looking at this correctly, the handle and insides of the box are bolted to the old console, plywood in between them. You should be able to remove the handle and cover from the outside to access screws or bolts that hold it to the console.

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I took off the cover, the screws holding it to the plywood & the bolts holding the shifter handle to the plate & it still wont come apart. I didnt want to pry it apart so I dont know wat else holds it????:cool2:

4. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Look at the bottom of the handle, there may be a set screw that holds the handle in position. What is the year model of the motor, I'll see if I can find a diagram in my book.

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    it's a 1995 70 horse force, i just looked at a diagragm online & it says to pull the button out of the center of the handle & there is a nut behind it!!! Well I can see it but easier said than done on getting the button to come out!!!:cool2:

6. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
  7. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I'll check em out thanks for all the help!!!much appreciated, hope to get it back together soon, should be alot nicer being in the center instead of to one side..

8. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Well I have it here at my desk @ work, and man that article was right to the T....Put it in forward and pulled the button right out, and I didnt break anything(yet, fingers & toes crossed), I'll try & put her back together soon and try her out on the water, instead of my driveway:eek:oooh: thanks again for the link..

9. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Glad to be of some help, I'm hoping to be on Cale thursday with the Jolly Green Giant, now that it runs like it's suppose to.

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    This is the nut I was trying to get to. all I had to do is put it in forward, and pull the button out, then loosen the nut so that both halves come apart...If you have a Quiksilver 3000 dont try to take out the button unless it's in forward, or you'll break it!!!!!:wink:

Attached Files:

11. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I didnt take any pics of what it used to look like, but i'll post some after the transformation, it was much easier than i thought it would be at first, just the little things that get to you during... basically all i did was add 4 flush pedestal mounts in the front, and i will be adding 2 in the rear also, so that we can move seats around while fishing if need be, or just take them all off so its an open deck to move around!!!!:wink: I wanted it center console to move around the edges easier, also so i could see down the middle of the boat while ppl were sitting in the seats while under way!!!