moving back to morgantown...

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by Jeremy Sheffey, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    hey boys, im going to be moving back to morgantown in january... if any of you wv guys or anyone else from the boards are going to be up that way or want to get together for some fishing or what ever holler at me and it can be done...

is there anyone on here from up that way...

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    There used to be a couple guys that fished around mo-town on here .

3. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    they are just awful quiet lance

4. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I'm just over the border in PA about a half hour away. I fished a couple times with "BassinWV" from Mo-town. The got the Cabela's King Kat tourney too.

5. justinvaughttattoos

justinvaughttattoos New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    i got a buddy that tattoos in morgantown... he loves to fish... check out chris t. at wild zero tattoos... he's crazy and he's caught some monster fish...

6. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    this spring we will have to meet up sometime, i have done a little muskie and trout fishing in pa when i lived up that way before. i also have a few places along the mon down in morgantown we can try for some cats if you would be interested. what is the town your from called???

7. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    thats good to know, i have been wanting to get another couple of pieces done over the next year or so. ill have to go in a check out his work. the only place i have been to in mo-town was thinknink, which they do okay but not spectacular work. what part of WV are you from? is your buddy on the BOC, if not you should get him to join.

BTW Welcome to the club, you will love it here, and the more you participate the better fisherman you will become. ask all the questions you have, although im sure it has been discussed before, everyone here is obsessed with catting and fishing all together and loves to answer questions.

8. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I'm from Waynesburg. I did some trolling this fall for muskies and had one on about 40 inches but he didn't like the color of my net and slipped the hooks. I'm still trying to figure out the Mon and where all the big cats are
    just got a boat this summer.

9. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i have a small boat that i use to float the smaller creeks and ponds with, but i wouldn't put it on the mon, its to big. muskies are def up there in my fish obsession. any time you want to tangle with the toothy guys im your man.

10. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    All i need is a set of planer boards and I can get 4 rods out there.
    I justed started musky fishing this year so I only got a handful of lures.
    Just need some decent weather.

11. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    nasty cold or cloudy days is musky weather man... i dont do as much trolling as i do pitching and pluging for them... find some feeder creeks and where the water is mixing in bad weather and you will find some muskies there. they are just really picky... keep the baits moving though even when using a jerk bait, if it stops they will quit. hence the big figure 8's are a must. unforutunitly one of the best muskie stream around had a huge fish kill earlier this year and killed out most of the fish. buddy of mine sent me a pic with 5 muskies over 40 inches all dead..

12. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I fish the pool where dunkard creek dumps in. I usually pull in and pitch lures at the mouth. I don't know if it killed everything right out to the mouth or not, but I haven't caught anything there all year.

13. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i always fished up stream, even up into PA around mt moris... im sure fish will eventually make there way back up stream that way, but it will be a long time before its back to normal...

14. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    You might give Stonecoal lake a shot for those toothy critters !

15. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i have heard a little bit about it, id say i will have to now... dunkard was so close and densely populated that i never needed to venture fare, but those days are over...

16. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    If anyone wants to catch trophy bass,musky or big cats give me a PM. I love to catch them all and fish about everyday.Check out my pictures.

17. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Well boys, its offical i become a mountain stater again come tomorrow morning. ill be heading to Mo-Town first thing in the AM around 730/8 and will be hopefully fully done moving in by the evening. i hate moving and packing/unpacking, but at least it will be done and ill be back in my own APT.

hopefully some of you all will be wanting to do some fishing, ill be doing some sauger and walleye fishing later on in the week down by the dam on the MON river. if anyone wants to meet up let me know. PM me and ill give you my Phone number and we can work out a time/date.

18. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    the move is officially over today. i am finally sitting in front of my computer getting to check out all the new changes that have taken place here on the BOC. any of you boys feel like getting frogy over the next few days, hit me up and maybe we can venture through the snow and ice.

19. Hawk33

Hawk33 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    There's alot of trophy channel and flathead catfish in the Morgantown area.

Your average flathead will run you 15-20 lbs.

You will need a boat to get mobile and cover the rivers.

Spend the time and it will pay out for you !

HAWK

20. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i dont have a boat big enough for the MON, but i have a smaller boat that i can take up and down some of the smaller creeks. i know a few places i can access the river from the banks, but i have never done any serious cat fishing there yet, but i can't imagine that there aren't flats and channels as well as a few blues i in those areas.

if your ever up this way and want to do a little fishing, holler at me ill be game.