movie recommendations and info

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by trippyclwn, Dec 1, 2005.

1. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    well its time to reopen the post for a few movies

first is STAR WARS EPISODE 3:REVENGE OF THE SITH
    this is the final star wars movie so far lol but it is also the connection between ALL of the movies it links anakin to darth vader,senator palpatine to the emperor,and finally padme with luke,and lei and why they were raised seperately. suddenly its cool to re-rent the old movies and buy the full collection. the worst part of the old movies is the fact that darth vader suddenly has purpose and suddenly he wasnt as bad as we thought all along.
    this movie is awesome and gets two thumbs up .
    and for all the star wars fans better add it to the collection you wont be dissapointed!

now that the best one is out of the way lol
    second is: BILLY MADISON
    this is an adam sandler movie so the humor is its main draw
    billy madison's father owns a fortune 500 hotel chain and is about to retire but he doesnt want billy to screw it up so he makes a deal with a higher up in the company that billy cant even graduate school without help. so the bet is on billy must complete grades k-12 without assistance or he will lose the company to the other guy.
    it is a decent movie but it wasnt sandlers best work lol

and last is HAPPY GILMORE:
    this seems to be adam sandlers best work in comedy in mho
    here he plays as happy a wanna be hockey player who finds out his grandma is about to lose her house if he doesnt pay her back taxes so off happy goes trying to raise money so she can keep her house.
    and then he stumbles on a fluke talent in driving golf balls farther than the average golfer so he starts making money at the driving range hustling people until he can make enough money to pay the taxes and concentrate on hockey again. but along the way he meets an ex-golfer who lost his hand to an alligator who thinks happy can go all the way in golf with his help and so here comes the humor and fun of turning golf into an actual spectator sport lol
    it is a great movie full of humor so check it out!
    lol besides happy (sandler) gets his butt kicked by bob barker! lmao

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    The second Deuce Bigelow is a riot but not for kids. Even the extras on the DVD are funny!

The Kingdom of Heaven is a great movie. It's long so be prepared.

Mr and Mrs Smith is a good movie.

This is a series with the first season on DVD. Hard language----NOT for kids----Deadwood. Be forewarned, it is addictive once you get past the first episode. The second season is not for sale yet, and the third season will start in March on HBO. This is the most realistic western I have seen in years.

3. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    If you guys like funny movies you need to rent "Happy Texas". It's one of my favorites! Let me know if you like it or not?

4. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Deadwood is the best series I have ever watched. Cheryl how did you get started watching Deadwood anyway?,oh wait I remember now.LOL

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    YOU!
    I was wondering where you learned that language from, until I started watching Deadwood. :eek: (joking)

6. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    LOL I can't help it if I use the words Chicken Sucker "for like of use of other words".:)