moved to cameron nc

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by spigglejuice, Jan 17, 2009.

1. spigglejuice

spigglejuice New Member

State:
    nc
    hey guys,

I just move from GA and where is a good place to fish near cameron nc?

2. 07_hemi_thunderroad

07_hemi_thunderroad New Member

State:
    north caro
    welcome to good ole North Carolina! i am in the fayetteville area! good luck and i hope you get a chance to hunt some NC cat's!

3. spigglejuice

spigglejuice New Member

State:
    nc
    I heard the cape fear river is the place to go but where

4. 07_hemi_thunderroad

State:
    north caro
    almost all over the cape fear! let me check on where you are the closest to one of my honey hole, i well get back to you one this!

5. 07_hemi_thunderroad

State:
    north caro
    one good spot on the cape fear is at the lock and dam #3 if you take 24 east to 87 east it is right outside fayetteville it is one of my hot spots! but closer to where you are you can take HWY 1 to 78 right outside of tramway to 42 there is a over pass there and i am trying to remember how to get on the cape fear there so i well have to get back to you on that!

6. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    The cape fear is full of big cats. I fish down east around the Wilmington area. Welcome to NC and good luck!

7. papabear108

papabear108 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If you turn (right from Cameron)onto hwy 42 in Tramway from US1 and just stay on it. It will take you through Sanford and out toward Broadway. about a half mile after you pass the Coty Cosmetics factory hwy 42 turns to the left. If you just keep on hwy 42 you will come to the bridge over the cape fear and there is a small boat ramp to the left on the far side of the bridge. I don't know about the fishing there, but that it'll get you started. Hope that helps!