Mouth of the Big Blue River?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mr.T, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Anybody ever tried to get back into the Big Blue River where it runs into the Missouri just below the Hawthorne power plant?

I poked around a little bit last Sunday and couldn't get past the pilings and rocks, but I also didn't try every opening in the dike along there so maybe there's a "secret passage" or something. The water was running at around 9ft at Kansas City and the pilings were just deep enough to hang up a boat for good if you got on top of them...

Seems to me that ought to be a good place to find shad, if only you could get back in there...

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I used to work at the chem plant there. It is pretty shallow all th way back to 435 and probably just as bad even further. Good luck and be careful of getting hung up.

3. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Marty

I have been back in that secion many times. It is a great spot to take people that have never seen the "flying fish". I always have gone in to the opening as far upstream as I can and have never hug up. You start in then need to go hard left then back right. It is shallow and you can not get far.