Mounting the seats in my boat

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Bobpaul, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Here's a few pics of the mounting assembly for the rear seats.

Attached Files:

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    On the bottom of each seat is the part that hooks into the mounted track. On my seat is also mounted a swivel base, then the other part that hooks into the track.

These seats can be tilted forward and removed using this type mount.

3. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey Bob,
    With that type of mount, will the plate you mounted to the bottom of the seat touch the jons bench seat at all? I looked into that setup but thought it would scratch the bench seat all up. I still would like to be able to remove my seats.

4. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    thanks for the pics bobpaul. i now see why you realy need extension handle. your seats are realy pushed forward with that type mounting. the type that i bought are the clamp on that pretty much center the seat on the bench. not sure but once i get them clamped on i might need to back up and regroup.

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    No they don't scratch or rub on the bench.

The piece the seat mount rests on/slides on is mounted near the center of the bench.

You can see that piece in the first two pics.

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Bob do the seats have a way to lock so they dont slide while your underway? I had a jon boat I bought used that had a slider track on it years back and the seat would slide all over on me.

7. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Mine don't slide easy. You have to get up off them, tilt them slightly then slide.

8. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Nice, for some reason the one that was in my boat it was like being on ice skates lol. I am looking at a small boat for using at a place here thats just a bit much for me bass boat and i do like the idea of a sliding seat thanks for the info.

9. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    The instructions for mounting this set up shows the piece that mounts to the seat hooks under the bench mounted front piece and rests on the back piece.

The genious I used to work for never would read the instructions and always used the back piece to lock down the seat mount. Then wondered why they wouldn't slide. It works that way if you don't want them to slide, or remove them.