Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cajun bass boat i'm wanting to mount rod racks on the rear corners. haven't made the racks yet but they will be like T-bars. My question is fastening them to the corners of this fiberglass boat? Hopefully they can be fashioned so i can take them off when i bass fish.Any suggestions before i butcher up my boat? Thanks

·
Registered
596 Posts
John -
I'm working on a similar problem with my 16' Tracker. I intend to mount flush mount rod holders on the back corners, then either buy or make a fixture that drops into the rod holders on each side and supports a bar going across the back of the boat. The bar would support five or six conventional Monster Mounts or similar. If we were just riding, or for some insane reason I wanted to cast for bass, I could remove the fixture. If you can't picture it maybe I could sketch it. But not tongiht, too many beers. :>)

·
Registered
297 Posts
I had a 3/4" nut welded to the bottom of a couple of boat seat bases. My T-handles have threads welded to their bottoms and a jam nut holds them solid in place. I fashioned a piece of junk stainless tubing that braces against the transom. I have pictures of my boat on My Profile, under albums, Frog Legs Boat. It works great for me! You can unscrew the T-handles in less than a minute.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.