Mounted Catfish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bnt55, Jul 19, 2008.

1. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Never seen one, matter of fact never heard of anyone getting one mounted...have you?

2. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    I have seen a few cats mounted in bait stores I have been in. Wouldn't want one myself but they looked alright.

3. Pacman

Pacman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The taxidermist don't actually mount the catfish (skin too thin). They use a mold based on type, length, and weight. So if you catch a monster, you can release it, and still have a mount made.

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    there some around here in local stores ,the division of wildlife has afew of them here . there different than the usual mount , wouldn't mind haveing 1 .

5. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Wow that would be awesome to have a biggo flathead with his mouth wide open and then your trophy bass halfway in his mouth!

6. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have seen a replica of a blue cat and a flathead. Look good. You will need some measurements of length and girth for sure. Wouldn't hurt to also take a good picture of your fish. I wouldn't mind having one myself.

7. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Let the fish go. Take a pic and hang that on your wall. By releasing the big fish it gives my sons something to fish for in the future.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Very interesting post, this is a great idea for bait stores and stuff, but I dont' want one for my house, I agree with the picture

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    catch photo replica.

these are airbrushed from fiberglass replicas fitting your closest measurments.

there about $7-10$ an inch depending on the taxidermists.

and i defend the right to eat your fish. but totally agree with the right to cpr it too.

blue channel flathead repros pics.:wink:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    that can be done brother.:wink: