Mounted Catfish bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by CarolinaCats, Feb 7, 2008.

1. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Several of you know I do Taxidermy work fulltime. And I am forever getting ask to mount Catfish bait. So I figured for my 100th post on BOC I would share a photo of some catfish bait I mounted Awhile ago.:haha:
    basdisplay11806.jpg

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Vary nice work! I would like to see more of what you do thanks

3. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Thanks dafin. Heres a photo from back in Jan. A local churches mens fellowship sponsors a "DEER B-QUE" every year and they ask me to give a seminar on fieldcare. Well now another Church is having a "SPORTSMEN'S BANQUET" in Feb and they want me to be there for that as well. I really like doing muscle detail on deer. Cattledogz came by the other day and was amazed at the detail I put into my deerheads. And to top it of...I love my job! That makes it better to.
    ShowDisplay2.jpg

4. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Thanks , that is a vary impressive display.

5. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Catfish bait that's a good one. Those deer muscles are impressive, very nice work, plus u love your job not very many people can say that!!!

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Nice work Teddy!

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Maybe one day you can do my mother-in-law eating a porkchop.

Oops...wife saw me,,,I gotta go.....

-Jim-

nice job ;+)

8. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Very nice work on everything.

9. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    OK then heres a question for you. A few years ago I saw a picture someone took of a doe and buck mount. he had it so the buck was "interacting" with the doe. I just got my doe mount (my first archery harvest) back. I had her done in a semi sneak with the head turning right. I'd like to get a buck mounted (still trying to kill it) to have it interact in some with with her. How would you have him mounted?

10. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    very nice work.. some of the best i've ever seen..

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Teddy thanks for sharing. Impressive work. Enjoyed.

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    NICE WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Really looks good Teddy, thanks for posting. Start posting more as you go, I for one never get tired of looking at taxidermy work.

14. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Very nice work thanks for posting the pics..

15. flatheadfisher

flatheadfisher New Member

State:
    NC
  16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

teddy

when ya see this do you use colman white or unleaded gas for waterfowl?

17. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Scott - I would have the buck turned left on a 64 D forum. The forum is a awesome "majestic" looking forum. That form could be altered just a little and possibly add a open mouth with him trying to lick the doe. I always love doing specialty work lick that. I love one of kinds. Thanks for the post!
    ~Teddy

18. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thats some nice looking work Teddy.

19. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Hello flathead - Im not gonna lie about it. I HATE mounting birds. I aint NO good at it. I have mounted a few and still am not impressed with what I have done. Im gonna start duck hunting and practice practice practice. Thanks for asking. Also to protect birds - Take a pair of panty hose and slide the bird down the leg. This will keep the feathers laying in correct position. Then just cut them off ,tie a knot in it and place in a bag for freezeing. You can tie a knot in the leg you cut and use it again. I had to buy panty hose for this....Until I killed a turkey and then borrowed a pair from my wife....lmao
    ~Teddy

cats4 - When ever I mess with birds I use Coleman fuel - rinse in dawn dishwashing liquid - To dry I use a shop vacumn "reversed" so the tube is blowing air out. I never tumble birds. It mess up the pin feathers and gets the feathers out of wack and you have to just work with it to get it all lined up again.

I really apreciate all the feedback from everyone. I (im sure Cats4me will to) be glad to answer any questions you all might have.
    ~Teddy

20. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Very Impressive work,Thank you for Finally sharing it with us :wink:.Thanks again Teddy.