Mountain Lion Snatches Dog

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by rebelzgrl76, Aug 6, 2008.

1. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
  2. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    thats crazyyyy !!! man we have a few of thwm running around here in my town . my oldest boy ran into 1 acouple yr's ago , rideing his bmx bike home om baseball practice .said it was the scariest thing had ever seen .
    tanx's for share'n that .

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    that is way too close for comfort, they should be glad it was the dog & not them in their sleep!!!!! But then again did you watch the video of where the house is located??? If you build in their natural habitat you are bound to encounter them at one point or another and a dog is easy prey for them, they are so powerful...I would say the encounter is a trade off for the beautiful place where they chose to build that nice house to live ..jmo:confused2:

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks foe the article. Keep your doors shut Amy!!

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey, they gotta eat to.

6. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Scary story; way too close for comfort. But I have to agree with Willcat on this one. We are intruding on their habitat; we are forcing them out. They have to go somewhere. Just like the wolves; their territory is spreading. We're hearing of more sightings of wolves & mountain lions in the Louisiana/southern regions than ever before, & it's because we're pushing them out.

7. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    A couple nights ago, I was waken by my curtains blowing. Come to find out, my door was open in my bedroom. I flew outta the bed, closed it and looked to see what couldve opened it! I was so scared! We have bears real bad here, they are always breaking into homes.

A man here in town heard something down stairs during the night. He slowly walked downstairs and peaked in the kitchen and there was a bear in his fridge. He called the police. During the time, his wife was worried about the mess in the kitchen. He told her she better hope it doesnt come up the stairs:smile2:

That home is located right out of Denver in the foothills, a very nice area. I've been told that when you're in the woods, you are never there alone that a lion is always close by! :crazy:

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ok let me get this strait you have summers that look like winters here in Ohio:smile2: you have mountain lions that attack dogs and bears that break into houses. That is some liven there :smile2::crazy: all I have to worry about is my 6 year old getting scared at night and wanting to climb into bed :tounge_out:

9. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    :smile2: ur a nut!

You literally made me laugh out loud!

You got it right, it IS some kinda living. :wink:

Winters are awesome here. The wildlife, well.... we work around them. BTW, I dont have a dog. :smile2: or cat. No since in leaving bait lying around.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Amy ,That don't suprise me at all,The more we encroach on the wild ,the more we displace wild kritters. They gotta do something too. We have had bears,mtn lions and coyotes here in the wee hrs of the morning walking down main street. and I live in the LLANO ESTACADO. The staked plains,long way from your ordinary bear and lion habitat.

11. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    We had a large cat come thru our yard on night when our old blind dog was in the back yard. When I seen it, Like a dang fool I started raising a commotion and flinging my arms and shouting. I grabbed up that old dog and In the house we went. No one was going to hurt my little buddy.
    Since then I've got 2 medium female dogs and 1 Larger Male. The Old Male (Smokey) He don't miss a thing. Picked him up from the human society. He came fully trained and bet he knows things. He's a herding dog and when I call em in he's on the girls to get. Just know some one misses him. He's a working Dog. checked him for a chip. didn't have one. He's mine now and wouldn't let him go for the world. the 2 girls either. Another time.
    :0a22:
    All my dogs come shelters! check em out. They are worth it!​

12. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    i so surprised not one person has said they need to open up a seasonal hunt so that this doesnt get out of hand.:confused2:

but if it was an endangered greywolf theyed be loading up the guns and trucks to go kill it:angry:

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Mike,we already have cougar hunts here,But the state has a low quota in my area.

14. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    plus, they are hard to hunt. We have draws for them as well.

15. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Thats pretty wild, Those folks are lucky for sure, We live in the mountains here in arkansas in the boston mountains, We have bear that come thru every spring looking for food, and although Game and fish will tell you there are no mountain lions here, They are!!!!! Nieghbor told me to be on the look out and sure enough I found its track. I have a herd of Nigerian Dwarf goats and so far havent lost one to the wildlife, Lost plenty of chickens and ducks to Fox or bobcat. Its just a price you have to pay to live a solitary life. I am just glad we dont have Grizzly's, I dont think i could deal with that. Keep yer doors Shut.....

16. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Strange that a lion could come in a house with 2 dogs, kills one and drags it off and no one wakes up or hears anything until later when they hear a noise?? Sounds like an Ambien commercial to me.... My dogs would go crazy as soon as it came in????:confused2:

17. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana