Mountain Lion caught on camera

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by dougc, Dec 14, 2006.

1. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
  2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Kind of makes you wanna cover yourself in raw pork chops and deer blood and go walking throughthe woods barefooted dragging a side of beef, JK. I honestly thought that mountain lions were in all continental states. Thanks for the info.

3. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Doug, we have had a few deaths in state parks due to Mountain lion attacks. In a city called Duarte which is about 30 miles or so east of Los Angeles people have seen mountain lions walking thru the streets.

Jaime

4. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    thats not a suprise to me have seen two of them in the old mines area this summer or it might have been one twice

5. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    never realized proof of mountain lions was an issue in MO

6. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    The experts say there isn't a "breeding population" in Missouri.

7. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    wanna place some money on that. If I could get pics I would post them.we been seeing them for several years and young ones too.

8. DryHole

DryHole New Member

State:
    Katy Texas
    My Father lives in Duarte .. His back yard is the hill just above the rock courey.

He had a cat name Muffey:sad2: ..
    one night he was in the kitchen and the cat got out in the back yard. He watched as the cat walked threw the fence and in his words that were funny as ever.. He said.. Scott the cat was just scooped up by a pack of Coyote's.. ROTF.. He said the cat just vanished..
    He has also had close calls with Black Bear and Cougars..

Sorry it just struck me funny you mentioning Duarte.. Ill shut up now..

Later:big_smile:

9. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Those suckers are no joke. Heard that you never know one is even around you until he has his mouth around your throat. They are some sneaky SOB's!

Judging by the one in the photo, he has been eating well. I guess that makes him less likely to attack a person.

10. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Scott, I also read about bears and Coyotes in Duarte. Sorry to hear about your dad's pet.
    Defenitaly not to be taken likely those mountain lions are ambushers. I would figure that cougers would be afraid of humans.

Jaime

11. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    If you don't hunt them what are they going to be afraid of? To them your just a meal about the same size as a deer. States like cali should wake up and notice that there not afraid of humans like they are in states where they allow hunting the cats.

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a friend who has a 250 acre farm up here in NW Missouri.Last year in 2005 she said to me everytime she and her husband and son went deer hunting,they found huge blood spots on the snow.She told me this wasn't no rabbit kill,there were too many of em.She has been convinced ever since that we have mountain lions,even though the GameWardens will never admit to it!:roll_eyes:

13. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Any tracks in the snow to go along with the blood spots?

14. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    If I remember right one of the TV stations in Springfield showed a Video of one the game and fish comm tryed to get people to belive it was a tame cat that had been let loose Rightttt THe AR GFC said the the same thing after one was filmed near Hot Springs BuLL....:tounge_out:

15. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    id like to hunt one with my bow it would be a formadable opponette

16. cougar

cougar New Member

State:
    Green Ridge, Missouri
    If you want proof of cougars, I got all of the proof you need. Thier names are Ulysses, jewls, penelope, Little Bit, Abby, and Cleo. When I got my first, about 18years ago, there where about 100 of us in MO with the proper licensing. Now there is only about 24 of us. The one in my picture is Cleo. I use to raise kittens for sale. Now I just provide sancturary for all of the cats held illegally by others. In the last 2 years I have had to turn down about 24, offered to me by law enforcement agencys for lack of space. The few I have go through a cow a week to keep them healthy.

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    John,
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC. That is an interesting life! Please post more pics of your pets. I have almost always had a "manx", and always wanted some of the real ones. :big_smile: Used to want a spider monkey too. Again, welcome!

Cheryl

First, thanks for the link and the cat is a beaut. I owe ya rep.

Man's encroachment on the territories of these and other beautiful creatures, is why they are moving back into areas they were extinquished from. They are angry where the burbs are and no they probably don't care that humans are plentiful, nor are they afraid, we invaded them, just as we did the Native Americans. We as humans, just never seem to learn,or maybe it just takes each generation to find it out for themselves. But yet once again, it's too late and the ferocious cycle begins again. Life is a circle.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my brothers and sisters here at the BOC/SOC.

Cheryl

18. cougar

cougar New Member

State:
    Green Ridge, Missouri
    I will try to do that Cheryl. I'm not sure when though. I should be sleeping right now. We have over 18 differant species of animals. Don't ask me how many total, I couldn't tell ya. They keep me a little busy. I fed the cats tonight about 11:30p.m. and the alarm goes off at 5:00a.m.

19. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Ok, slowly, now sign out. Go to bed. We will keep the lights on until you return. No matter how you fight it, this place is addicting. Take care.
    Cheryl

20. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Two years ago my wife and I were fishing on a bluff bank on Stockton Lake and my wife started jumping up and down and pointing up on the bluff and there were two yearling lions just sitting there looking at us! They finally took off after about 30 seconds, we told the MDC and they said that it was probably bobcats, not hardly, I know my cats and it wasn't the first time I've seen them in Missouri. Thanks for the great picture.