MOUNTAIN ISLAND 8-14 REPORT

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BigBird, Aug 15, 2009.

1. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    I wanted to go to wateree Fri morning but everyone I talked to was tied up fri am so I headed to MIL.
    Got there early before sunup. The water temps were 87.
    I went down to mcdowell creek and netted some threadfin and caught some bream. However i was bait catching during prime time.
    Drifted until noon and then the sun got up and the skiers and jetskis convinced me to go home.
    I got some pull downs but never hooked up. The fish were hitting but not holding onto the bait. All the fish were charting on the sonar in between 22' and 30'.
    I saw some of the biggest arches I have seen all summer. I think they were swimming up to my transducer and sticking their tongue out at me!:tounge_out:
    It looked very promising but caught nothing but some dinks and perch on the sabiki.

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Thanks for the report Lindsay,hate ya didnt get any big hookups,cant get em every time out,maybe next time will be your day:wink:

3. shrewboy

shrewboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the report Lindsay. Hate you didn't do to well. I been camping with the family this past week and to tell the truth, I missed the cat action. Trout fishing was fun, but they aren't the same. Better luck next time.

4. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    i tried to call you and left a message but remembered later you were in the mountains.:cool2: