Mountain Huashan, China

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i am sure most of us have seen parts of these pics from the internet. however, this is a comprehensive collection of pics and descriptions.
    just looking at the pics and reading the account "a foolish journey" gave me chills................how many here would take that hike?:eek:oooh:

http://www.ssqq.com/ARCHIVE/vinlin27d.htm

and don't forget to check out the videos links:crazy:

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    You wouldn`t catch me on that trail, it doesn`t look like a good huntin` spot.

3. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    That there would be a trip of a life time.
    I would love to go see china some day. There culture is very interesting to me.
    When and if I get the chance I will try to go on that hike and see the great wall as well as do some fishing over there.

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'd do it if I had the time and $$$. I think it's beautiful. I'm not too sure about the wood plank parts, but I'd get over it.

5. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Aint enough drugs and alcohol in the world to get me up there, especially on those wooden planks!!!:eek:oooh:

Matt, You will need to get a very large life insurance policy with me as beneficiary befire I let you go up there!:wink::smile2::smile2:

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Not me, wouldnt be caught dead up there.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I aint ashamed to say I know I aint got the testicular fortitude for that. I kinda like livin.

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Quite a place!
    I might have liked that 20 years ago. :smile2:

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    my thoughts. i dont like heights. i got a funny panic feeling looking at the pics.

now my main reason. i have many things and HAD many things made in china. and most dont last long. so no i aint trustin my life to those planks and rusted chains.

seen all i need to see of that narrow peak from those pics. and if i ever get to china, maybe if i live to be a million i can afford it, ill know exactly were not to go.

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    that would definately take some big testicular fortitude to go up there, and to think u still have to get back down!!!!!

11. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I beleive if I made it to the top I would have to become a Taoist monk.

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    that's it, Jerry! i would stay in some little closet where i couldn't see out and die a shriveled up little ole man:smile2: