Mountain Huashan, China

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i am sure most of us have seen parts of these pics from the internet. however, this is a comprehensive collection of pics and descriptions.
    just looking at the pics and reading the account "a foolish journey" gave me chills................how many here would take that hike?:eek:oooh:

http://www.ssqq.com/ARCHIVE/vinlin27d.htm

and don't forget to check out the videos links:crazy:

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    You wouldn`t catch me on that trail, it doesn`t look like a good huntin` spot.

3. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    That there would be a trip of a life time.
    I would love to go see china some day. There culture is very interesting to me.
    When and if I get the chance I will try to go on that hike and see the great wall as well as do some fishing over there.

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'd do it if I had the time and $$$. I think it's beautiful. I'm not too sure about the wood plank parts, but I'd get over it.

5. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Aint enough drugs and alcohol in the world to get me up there, especially on those wooden planks!!!:eek:oooh:

Matt, You will need to get a very large life insurance policy with me as beneficiary befire I let you go up there!:wink::smile2::smile2:

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Not me, wouldnt be caught dead up there.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I aint ashamed to say I know I aint got the testicular fortitude for that. I kinda like livin.

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Quite a place!
    I might have liked that 20 years ago. :smile2:

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    my thoughts. i dont like heights. i got a funny panic feeling looking at the pics.

now my main reason. i have many things and HAD many things made in china. and most dont last long. so no i aint trustin my life to those planks and rusted chains.

seen all i need to see of that narrow peak from those pics. and if i ever get to china, maybe if i live to be a million i can afford it, ill know exactly were not to go.

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    that would definately take some big testicular fortitude to go up there, and to think u still have to get back down!!!!!

11. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I beleive if I made it to the top I would have to become a Taoist monk.

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    that's it, Jerry! i would stay in some little closet where i couldn't see out and die a shriveled up little ole man:smile2: