Mountain Feist climbing trees videos

Discussion in 'Hunting Dogs Talk' started by john catfish young, Jan 25, 2009.

1. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The pictures are of my feist. A female of 8 months old, named Dora. She loves to run and let me tell you....she can run like the wind. I'm new to feists and I'm amazed at her ability to run wide open through the woods and never hit a thing. She can stop on a dime and be going the other way in a milli-second. She has treed several squirrels and several of the neighbors cats, and has run off several of the big dogs that used to come through her yard. What a breed of Dog! Very obedient and intelligent. She is fast becoming my fishing buddy. If I look at her and ask....do you want to go fishing? She goes to the door and sits down. We keep her inside with us and take her out to run everyday...even in the cold and rain. She never tires of running or playing. Do any of you have feist???Heres a couple interesting videos I found on youtube of feists climbing trees!!!

[youtubevid]BUpD73ZyCD0[/youtubevid]
    [youtubevid]6WhaxZX0tWc&feature[/youtubevid]

Attached Files:

2. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    Heres a couple more pictures of my feist. She loves to play all the time!!!:eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I really need highspeed so i can watch these vidoe's on youtube ..Dail up is a joke!!!

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Awesome animals for sure.

Went up that tree with no problem.

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Never heard of that breed, cool dog for sure.

6. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Those are really great dogs, I know some people who raise them and have never seen a bad tempered one. I have also seen walkers climb trees while coonhunting, never with quite that speed though.

7. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    My little feist actually went up a tree last night after the cat!!! She jumped up and landed on a lower limb and then tried to go even higher. I dont think she likes that cat much....LOL.... Amazing dogs!:crazy:

8. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    those are some awsome dogs

9. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    thats pretty dang awsome..

10. BubbaCat

BubbaCat Well-Known Member

State:
    Arizona
    Dog on good:amazed: awesome:amazed:

11. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I'm not familiar with the Mountain Feists, but I know Rat Terriers are a type of feist. We've had 3...so far! We lost our male last year @ 8yrs old, & he was by far the smartest & spunkiest. He LOVED to play....all the time. Our two females are excellent deer trailing dogs. We use them to trail wounded deer & they are great at finding them. They don't run off, they don't bark at the deer, & don't jump it up if it's still alive. One of the females definitely has the spunky temperment that they're known for, & she's very protective of us.There are pictures of them in one of my photo albums; check them out.
    Your pictures of your pup are great; she's gonna be a real beauty. I'm glad you're making her "one of the family". That will really shape that personality. Good luck, & enjoy her!

12. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    I hog hunted with some good ole boys in Tenn., they had 4 or 5 of those with their hog dogs that bayed and fought the hog, that's what they called them and they also hunted squirrels with them, the breed knows no quit.

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Is that a cross between a mountain cur and a fiest? I've had some rat terriers but they are usually smaller. Spoonfish has a jackrat thats about the same size as yours and it is as gritty as they come. I'ld like to have another squirrel dog. Yours are nice lookin pup.

14. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well the wife has a male Mountain feist pup. Copper is about 6 months old now. He is turning into a great little dog. I'm looking forward to getting him on the boat this summer. I had heard they could climb trees, and by looking at the toes on Copper, I can see it. Copper looks almost like your dog with subtle differences. I've always had Lab, golden retrievers ect, but I think this dog is going to be alright. Later Andy

15. Tunnel Rat

Tunnel Rat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    had male fiest, once he got to woods hard to get him home . they originated from native tribs, best watch dog i ever had, plus would sit and bark if my fishing pole moved

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the pics John. They are an awesome dogs.

17. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I GOT 5 FIEST AND THEY DO LOVE TO RUN AND PLAY

18. fire370

fire370 New Member

State:
    Clearwater, KS
    Man, I'm gonna have to download video of my Jack Russell and Texas Blue Lacey climbing trees now....

Nothing like seeing a dog shimmy a tree!

19. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Now you know where the term 'Feisty' came from. They're a ball of energy allright. Very cool and loyal dogs. I have a buddy that has a pit bull that acts just like them. Absolutely nutz for squirrels!