Mount V/s Replica

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by STUMPKNOCKER, Jun 25, 2006.

1. STUMPKNOCKER

STUMPKNOCKER New Member

State:
    Georgia
    The chamber of commerce is gonna pay to mount my state record, but i here catfish are extremely hard to get to look natural, question is should i go with a replica instead does anybody have mounted catfish that have stood the test of time? ......thanks.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Go with the Replica, the mounts will eventualy crack and split over time. They will wind up looking like crap.

3. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    i think that the replica would look better anyway...congrads again

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well does the one you eat remind you of a state record 20 years down the road. come on! the man got a state record. i would go with a replica.

5. STUMPKNOCKER

STUMPKNOCKER New Member

State:
    Georgia
    With all do respect,1- state record i will never release--2 my grandaddy that died last year who took me fishing on that river since i was six would have rolled over in his grave..3-most all my fishing friends fish for redbreast and bass and see the flathead as a reason for decline in those species. as flathead are not native.4--no certified scales open, had to put it on ice, till morning, did relase 2 other flatheads we caught though, another thing is that fish is my favorite food and if he would have missed the state record he would have been on a plate. the numbers of flathead in the altamaha are not in danger nor will they ever be, and every one has oppinions, i would like to see bush hooks banned, because i just dont see the sport in it. just my oppinion

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I for one support your Right to do what you want with the fish that you catch. You are a shining example of what we as fishermen are after in the first place(Catch Big Fish)!!! Don't let anyone bring you down brother, you did good. I am proud to know you!!!

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    just curious what is the cost of a repilca?

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

replica, and like you I believe it is my right to choose what I do with fish. A state record fish yes it would have been nice to release it but hey I've never caught one and can't say it would have gone back in the water without a doubt in my mind. Until I have been in that position theres no way to HONESTLY answer that question.

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    He posted a question on what he should do "Mount or Replica". Not what anyone thinks he should have done with the fish. Just stay on track folks. This guy is a new member and doesn't deserve any greif at a time like this. Right now he is on cloud 9 (as he should be) don't rain on his parade, let him enjoy his accomplishment!!! We are here to support each other, OK!!!

10. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Didn't mean to start a rucuss. At first post, just saw a picture of a flathead in the back of a truck and we have a few yahoos around here who do that just for bragging rights (they don't even eat them). Never meant to know stumpknocker's acomplishment. Apologies if I offended.