Mount Storm Lake

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Fishingbutcher, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Fishingbutcher

Fishingbutcher New Member

State:
    Quebec
    Hey Everyone,

I'm looking at trying some catfishing in WV this spring as I will be coming back and forth from up north over the next few months... of course the tackle is always in the trunk of the car. I have heard some good things about Stonewall Jackson and Mount Storm, had a friend who fished Mount Storm last year and said they could have sunk the boat with all the 12-20 inch channels ( plus a few hybrid stripers to boot ) that they pulled in.

I was hoping to come last year, but my scehdules got screwed up. Any advice for this rookie catman ?

Thanks !!

2. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    For smaller cats and fast action Mount Storm cant be beat.Take note that there are fish consumption adviseries on them now.

Thats about all I can help with I mostly fish the rivers.

3. Fishingbutcher

Fishingbutcher New Member

State:
    Quebec
    Thanks Jerry60k,

When I get down to WV I'll give Storm a shot. I'm a rookie catman, been fishing mostly for bass, walleyes and pike these last several years and just got into channels last year - man, I didn't know what I've been missing.

Might try out Burnsville or Tygart, I've read some posts saying these are pretty good spots. Thanks again !!

4. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia

I know this is a late reply, but since you mentioned Stonewall Jackson lake and nobody commented on it, I thought I'd try to help out.
    Stonewall Jackson is the newest lake built by the corp. Being the youngest, it still has awesome cover and the fishing is great for almost anything you might be interested in. You can even hand feed 15 pound carp at the dock marina. It's definitely well worth a trip and you won't come away empty handed.

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC from kentucky they willl be someone on here that can help you out

6. OUTLAWWV

OUTLAWWV New Member

State:
    wv
    we take bags of cheese puffs to the marina at stonewall - get 2 bags and dump the second bag in all at once it's a trip

7. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia

Cool......better than a buck a bag for their stupid dog food scam.